Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
DaveG
Bus Model: Currently do not own a bus, but I know people who do!

Re: Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

Post by DaveG »

Very nice engine transplant indeed.

I would guess that the "unknown" Cummins was an N14 with an aftercooler (so you would not need an "air to air" set-up.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Looking good Bill but I would paint the ISX yellow give it some class lol nice

Clifford
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

DaveG wrote:Very nice engine transplant indeed.

I would guess that the "unknown" Cummins was an N14 with an aftercooler (so you would not need an "air to air" set-up.
Hello Dave,
Thanks for the compliment. I thought that was an N14 but I couldn't make out the other side of it. (I guess the aftercooler).

Clifford,
That was almost hitting below the belt.:lol: If I didn't already own a cat, I'd say it was definitely a sucker punch. I think she will perform effortlessly considering there's no heavy weight to move. I will be honest, If I could have found a cat setup cheap enough, I would have gone that route without a doubt!!!
--
BILL
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Just joking Bill but Sonnie would go nuts with the yellow paint lol.
We had friends stop and spend the night Sat he just finished his Cat 3406E with the Cat auto CX31 install looked good with the chrome valve covers and all the polished cooper piping.
He had his 3406E set on 600 hp from Penn Diesel should get down the road don't you think he couldn't wait to get to some mountains after driving the 6v92 for 10 years lol
Sure glad you cleared that up Dave about the model I thought it looked like Bruce's N14 in his MCI but not a Cummins guy I don't know the difference but I can tell what a 444 looks like I had one never again lol

Clifford
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

I'll feel the same way once she's all said and done. I've not been able to get out of my on way going over mole hills!!! :lol: By the way Clifford, I do carry approximately 6 cans of cat yellow with me at all times!!!
--
BILL
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Man or man Sonnie you have done one heck of a job :o and heavy on the WOW factor Bill when i stopped by to see Sonnie in April is was working pretty hard on it and I thought to myself man what a job. But you are sure going to have one nice Running Eagle when it's all put together.

GREAT JOB SONNIE YOU DA MAN :D
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Sonnie has been working hard in the heat down there, I call him every other day to make sure he is ok and tell him to take a break and he calls me often to make sure I haven't fell off the couch and broke a arm or leg lol he is 1 in a million

Clifford
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Thanks Andy,
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...It's the "BEST LITTLE BUS SHOP IN TEXAS!!!" This is one true Eagle Genius. :ugeek: I have never regret taking the ole girl out there. I have added several more projects since she's been there. I'm a bit worried about Sonnie working in the heat also. I don't call him daily however, I try to check on him at least twice a week. He tells me from time to time that he's taking a break because it's so hot. I totally understand this and will not rush him on anything.

As I stated before, moma and I didn't have the pleasure of building our coach from the ground up. :| I can see a great deal of short cuts taken in the "professional" job. :evil: I figure as long as we can keep Sonnie busy doing different projects on her, she will be solid as a rock when we get her back. :D

Clifford,
You’re definitely right about Sonnie being “One in a Million.” I think we need to keep him around as long as we can. I’ll keep him busy for a while if you can keep him cool!!! He still has a “long row to hoe” with the engine and electrical. He’s has the bay doors and engine door to complete, then the siding and any other structural work that needs to be done. He hasn’t told me “NO” yet!!! ;) If I can get the correct information on the drive hub assembly, I will have him to go ahead and change them as well. I guess what I’m trying to say is I’ll keep him tied up for as long as I possibly can!!! 8-)
--
BILL
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

It was great to meet you guy's at the BCM rally. I know Sonny has got to be putting some miles on that new motor!!LOL Give us an update!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
dwbruner
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F402719
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10

Post by dwbruner »

Here are a couple of pics I took when visiting Sonnie about 2 weeks ago. Looks great and sounding good!

Sonnie is da man!!!! :D
Darrin & Cynthia Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Tioga, TX