Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Our Eagle project, Some more newbes here. 1984 model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Our Eagle project, Some more newbes here. 1984 model 10

Post by Dreamscape »

Click here http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... f=8&t=1030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photobucket is really easy if you follow the instructions. If you still have problems, send the pictures to me and I'll post them. I like PB over all others I have tried.

dreamscapesilvereagle@gmail.com
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I cannot tell much by the photos but in one it looks like the old Iowa Gear splitter than goes between the transmission and the bell housing,those haven't been around for quite awhile

good luck
Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

You are using Photobucket correctly as far as posting photos. You just need to change your upload settings. Your photos are being resized to this small size when you upload them for some reason. At first I thought you were copying the code that linked to the thumbnails but your actual photos are that small. Follow the instructions below to make sure your upload size is correct, and then make sure you are using the actual photo code instead of the thumbnail code.

- In the upper right corner you will see your account name with a little down arrow beside it. Click the arrow.
- Select Account Settings from the menu that appears.
- On the new page that appears, select Album Settings from the tabs across the top of the page.
- Then select View My Upload Options.
- Make sure 800x600 or 1024x768 is selected.
- Hit Save.

Now you don't need to do any resizing before uploading your photos to Photobucket and it should automatically reduce them to the size you select.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
demodriver
Bus Model: 1984 eagle

Post by demodriver »

1024 x 768 is what it was set at. I changed it to the 800 x 600 to see if it makes a difference.

On another note. A guy who builds firetrucks (I know theres nothing in common) stopped by my budys shop where I have the bus stored and said that I dont have a three speed rear either. He siad that each gear has the three variations of low mid and high.

So how can I check out the trans to see if the selector was just unhooked? I would like to inspect the trans to see if there is a different reason for it to be unhooked other then for driver simplicity. thanks again!!
1984 model 10 6V92 TA
demodriver

Post by demodriver »

Im trying something new here.. hope the pics work better!
1984 model 10 6V92 TA
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Eric, I too would like to welcome you to the EI site.

It sure looks like you have some form of 10, or more likely, 13 speed transmission. These transmissions are 5 speed boxes with air shifted range and or splitter sets of gears.

You will need to get the numbers off the transmission and then we can tell you what you have and how you drive it.

As noted in another thread, there are two different 10 speeds that are shifted quite differently.

Most 13 speeds have separate range and splitter buttons. Yours appears to have one valve that controls both air shifted gear sets, based on the label on the shift lever.

You can download a document that tells how a 13 speed works and how it is shifted at this site:

http://roadranger.com/Roadranger/produc ... /index.htm

If it is a 10 speed or 13 speed, you will love it once you learn how to shift it.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
demodriver

Post by demodriver »

Ive drove a few different styles of trannsmissions in dump trucks and semis so I am sure that I can figure this one out once I know what I have for sure. Can any of you guys give me some insight as to where the tag might be on the trannsmission?

Thanks for all of the info this fare and for all of the welcomes!
1984 model 10 6V92 TA
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Eric, at the site I listed, you can download the driver's instruction .pdf. It will show you where you can find the transmission tag.

Assuming it is a Roadranger it will be a metal tag attached to the transmission. It will be on the side towards the bottom. It looks like you have photos of two tags on this thread. I think one of them is the transmission.

If you post the transmission number or a larger photo, I think we can sort it out for you.

You can also send the photo to me: jim at rvsafetysystems dot com

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
demodriver

Post by demodriver »

The two tags are both on the rearend. I will see what I can find on the transmission.
1984 model 10 6V92 TA
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Eric Free Enterprise is located across the river from Louisville KY in Clarksville IN. They are a top notch outfit. They also have a large dump truck operation. The garage floors are clean enough to eat off of. The owner is Mike Sodrel, he was a US Congresman under the Bush adm.