Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Our Eagle project, Some more newbes here. 1984 model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Re: Our Eagle project, Some more newbes here. 1984 model 10

Post by gpzzdrm »

Eric,
Most of us have removed the bus air in favor of the roof air or central air placed in a bay. The bus air is extremely expensive to repair. I like the roof air as they are easy to replace when needed (I have had mine for 15 years and not had to replace them yet) . As I was told once, when a roof air goes bad, you simply pull the bus up to a dumpster and unload the a/c. The only downsides I can see are the higher coach clearance and the fact that roof airs are noisier inside the coach. Ducting is a means of cutting the noise somewhat. I find the noise a minimal problem.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
DaveG
Bus Model: Currently do not own a bus, but I know people who do!

Post by DaveG »

Well, it is before my time. It is an Eaton/Fuller, but does not look like it has a "rear section", so no Hi/Lo range thing. Can't tell from pics if it is a twin countershaft or not.
demodriver
Bus Model: 1984 eagle

Post by demodriver »

Havent posted anything for awhile.. heres some more current pics.

Image all of the stickers are gone, it has alot cleaner look now.

We did a quick redneck remodel for the inspection for the title transfer. The cop never even looked at it :roll:

We are planning its first trip this weekend. Its only going to be a 4 hour drive but it will be a good test run.
1984 model 10 6V92 TA
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

That's great that you are using it! Have fun and hope the price of fuel doesn't scare you!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
demodriver
Bus Model: 1984 eagle

Post by demodriver »

Thats the best part of this trip. The bus came with a nearly full tank of fuel. I should have plenty of fuel for the trip and a little left over :D
1984 model 10 6V92 TA