Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Fantasy 81 eagle mod 10 - 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Fantasy 81 eagle mod 10 - 15

Post by Dreamscape »

I posted these for Pete. Hopefully he will provide an explanation on what you see and how it was done.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Pete
FMCA #: F153069
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10 - 15 6v92

Post by Pete »

Thanks Paul. Maybe one day I'll learn how to do it.
Well for the first picture is the rear of the bus as you all know.What we did was to first put lead sheets down on the cover, Then 1 1/2 thick sound deaden, & fire resistance material & insulation Then we built the frame to build on for the rest of the head board..On the top we put lamborghini material on top of all the rest.As you can see in the Pic.
The next one is building of the bed frame. you can see the floor covers to get to the motor. The original ones are under the new ones. the first part of the floor is 3/4 thick with linoleum on top of that. then lead sheets , the silver insulation you see we put on the walls we also put on the floor On top of that is 3/8 fire resistance paddy.Then came the 3/4 plywood, all the wood is tongue and groove & sealed all the way around with Thompson Water sealed.
All the cabinets are made out of Birch, as you see the makings of the cabinets as we go along with the conversion.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Pete, Glad to see you back. I'll send you a description of how I post your pictures using Photobucket, it's really not hard. If I can do it so can you. ;)

The following pictures are of replacing the steering box with a new rebuilt unit. Pete will explain in more detail.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/