Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Fantasy 81 eagle mod 10 - 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Pete
FMCA #: F153069
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10 - 15 6v92

Fantasy 81 eagle mod 10 - 15

Post by Pete »

My name is Pete and my wifes name is Jean, we purchased our bus in November of 1998.It was an entertainers coach, we were told it was used first by Trisha Yearwood, Charlie Daniels and it was used last by the Statler Brothers and then we purchased it.

The bus had 12 bunks and a front and rear lounge, a small bathroom with a mini sink and toilet, the kitchen was a microwave and an ice box. We stripped it from the rear to the middle,we did all the converting in the back half and had it usable the first year. The second year we did the front half and it was still usable, it was always usable while we were converting it. Then we jumped around from the bathroom to the front, we always had a bathroom, shower. All the woodwork was done piece by piece by my son, all the cabinets are made out of birch. While working on the inside we still had to do things on the outside, new tires, new shocks, motor and other things, (I forgot to mention its a 6v-92). It depended on the weather if we worked on the inside or outside.

A lot of other things had to be done, losing a lot of sleep figuring out where things were going to go and if they were going to fit where we wanted them.
As of today we are still living with a temporary living area, we need a new couch, tables and chair, but it works for now. Maybe I can explain more later.

By the way we did all the work ourselves, except for the motor it was done by
Diesel Exchange in Springfield, Mo.

I hope I can explain more later on, as you all know there is a lot involved.

Pete and Jean
FANTASY
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Fantasy 81 eagle mod 10 - 15

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Pete,

Glad to see you finally started your very own project thread!

I will try and start posting your pictures tonight or tomorrow and then you can add your descriptions..

Way to go Pete!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Thanks Pete for sharing. That helps us to get to know you and your Eagle.

Thank You wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Hey Pete. Glad to see you finally made it in here. If your bus used to belong to Charlie, I may be able to get a bit of the history on it. Charlie is a good friend of mine. I found out some info last year on an old SceniCruiser he used to own for some people who were interested. I remember Charlie's MCIs and Prevosts. I don't remember an Eagle but he's been around a lot of years so I'm sure there were others I don't remember. Let me know if you want me to ask.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here is how Pete and Jeans Eagle looks.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

The Dash

This is the kitchen sink area.

Bathroom sink and cabinets.

Bedroom facing bathroom.

Bedroom, notice the Eagles on the nightstands. Nice Touch!

Another shot showing the puck lights over the headboard.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Pete,

I'll try and get some more pics posted once I return home.

Send me some more so I can sort them out according to stages.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

good job posting the pics ,Paul.Pete all we can say is Niiiccceee! Good job there bud 8-)
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here are some pictures of when the inside was insulated. I'll let Pete explain what material and methods were used.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Pete
FMCA #: F153069
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10 - 15 6v92

Post by Pete »

Dreamscape wrote:Here are some pictures of when the inside was insulated. I'll let Pete explain what material and methods were used.
Thanks Paul. The pic is of the rear bedroom.Well the first thing we did was to repair and primer all metal. Then we installed 1 1/2 thick Insulation foam board.And foam around the edges of foam board to Make a tight seal.On top of that we put the insulation that is used in crawl spaces or other areas that require to block cold air. then we put the 1" foam rubber tape on all beam members.to help stop condensation Between out side and inside heat difference.the insulating foil was put around the whole inside of the bus. it looked like the inside of a thermos bottle.
In the back of the bus we proceeded to insulate the back some more, this time for sound,We used 2" of sound proofing and heat transfer material. So far it has reduced the sound pretty good as far as my ears tell, But I cant hear to good anyway.
Then came the 1/2 plywood that we sealed all the way around with Mini Wax weather shield, All was tongue & groove.