Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1964 Silver Eagle Model 01 #6555

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: 1964 Silver Eagle Model 01 #6555

Post by van »

I'd use Craigs list for washer dryer combo, check the rv section as well as appliances. always spot some good deals. there was a Splendid rv washer dryer in there a few weeks ago going for 300 dollars. We use a Big Buddy ventless heater from campers world also try Northern tool for propane heaters too. Good Luck
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

One thing I forgot to mention. We had a Splendide Combo non vented, it does not dry clothes completely. I would go for a stackable 110v model if it was me. We sold it for $300 and was glad we got that much.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
DecalsbyBlondie
FMCA #: 399961
Bus Model: 1988 Model 15

Post by DecalsbyBlondie »

First off WELCOME to the forum!!!!

here is my 2 cents regarding a combo washer/dryer

when you have enough water to use them there is usually a washer at the resort/campground

when you do not have water in the tanks on the road they are pretty much useless

they are very over priced

will wash like 2 pairs of jeans and hope you have a lot of time to wait for them to dry

the space they take up is much better put to other uses

and as for the propane energy... unless you are going boondocking I would stay away from it and use electric

Chris
Chris Armstrong
Daytona Beach, Florida
And Cadillac, Michigan
moonrakerbus
Bus Model: 1968/67 Bus & Car Co. SE 05
With Slide Out and 8V71
Vin#8005.
Where is vin#8006 anyone?

Post by moonrakerbus »

Shayne & Don,
We have only a Covection oven built in, however we have a portable electric burner and a electric fryer that we store when not in use..We are FULL TIME in ours and this works just fine for us. Washer/Dryer is really not worth the money or the waste of space it takes up. Do the math, Say it takes 6 bucks to wash and dry 2 loads in a campground laundry matt compared to $1200. You would have to do 400 loads for it to be worth while and when water pressure is low, it works harder and even slower and boon docking is useless. Looks like you are getting back in the spirit again after your setback, keep it up, one day you'll look back and say to yourself "I DID IT".
1968/67 Bus & Car Co. SE 05
With Slide Out and 8V71
Vin#8005.
Nick & Tonyia Cartos
Where is vin#8006 anyone?
In Florida For Now
shaynemartin
FMCA #: F416993
Bus Model: 1964 Tidwell Silver Eagle International
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

Hello again! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Thanks to our secret Santa, our family had a wonderfull one.

More issues, what else can I say. Owning an Eagle is definately a test of patience and sanity. After spending two days caulking and sealing everything we could find, it ended up leaking worse...LMAO!!!! The day I walked into that mess was the day I was 5 minutes from putting a for sale sign on it yet again. After ignoring it for a few days to clear my head and recover from my mini depression, we moved forward.

Don pulled the air conditioner in the rear and re-sealed it. He re-caulked around the running lights on top. We have another day of sun before it starts raining again, so we'll see.

You might think I'm nuts, but tackling the exterior I tried something that worked pretty good. Its not magic but it looks soooooo much better. I scrubbed the siding down with paint thinner to remove the grime, bugs, and light stains, then washed it and buffed it with some Aluminum Mag cleaner. It may not be the right way, but I was desperate and willing to try anything. Its taking me forever, handbuffing a 2 ft. square at a time.

Now to tackle the issues with the accessory tank. I've posted some pics below that show you what we have to work with. There are 3 open lines, not a clue which goes where. We also have Two open valves and a quick-release valve. ??????? anyone remember how it goes and what goes where? LOL, lost yet again.

Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

The only things that come to mind could be, air horn, air door and air ride seat. One line looks like black DOT tubing.

We've all been there and done that. I have been chasing leaks for years, have been able to get it down to a couple that I will fix when it warms up! ;)

Sounds like you are on the right track. Water wicks, so the leak can be 10 feet away from where the leak starts. :x
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
shaynemartin
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

One of those lines has to be for the wipers. We found the line to the wipers, but don't know which valve its supposed to attach to. As long as its connected to an out line from the accessory tank, can we go wrong?? Might try tomorrow, but the two open valves? might have to plug them just to see if we can get pressure. When running, I don't hear air coming into the tank, so....if anyone knows where the line from the front tank comes into the accessory tank, that might help. I'm thinking that is the quick release, but again, I don't know which valve it attaches to.

As for wicking.....ROFL....don't I know it. I tracked a leak over 6 feet. That's how we found the rear air conditioner mount was leaking. That cost us $400 to replace all the wood we just replaced.... :roll:

The storm that broke the seal on the window about sent me over the edge. We tore out half the wall on the passenger side. Still trying to get it dried out enough to replace the foam and panelling. After pulling it all, we realized that the windows were never installed right in the first place. Gonna have to pull them and re-do them in the spring. Oregon is not a great place to dry anything out. LOL. 100% humidity????? We have heaters and fans on it. .....And NO, that's not rust on the accessory tank.....LOL....LOL. Ok, I'm in denial. I refuse to see it....at least until spring. We have lots of welding to do then too. The support bars under our holding tanks are, how should I say.....GONE! I have no clue what is even holding them up. Prayer??? Maybe its just the rust? LOL. Guess we won't be filling any of those tanks anytime soon. Gonna pull everything, reinforce, weld and put new boards down in the compartments in the spring too.
Of course our "spring list" is getting so long, it might be fall before we finish the spring list.

On a different note, I was given notice to move out of my apartment. 45 days. The building is for sale and they want it emptied out. No negotiation on extending it. I was relying on my tax refund to do the absolute necessary repairs before going full-time in the bus. Times up and they are saying now that refunds are going to be seriously delayed. Geesh! Not gonna stress over it. We'll work it out somehow, God willing.
We have 45 days to get the wipers up and working and make sure the leaks are down to a minimum. The moisture inside is incredible. I started with 2 of the double units of drizair, but have added 3 more singles. Hopefully that will give us a fighting chance. Can't afford mold right now.

Thank you all for your help, and yes I will continue to probe your brains.
Much love to you all.
Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

My first thought was when it "rains it pours". That is a terrible pun, given what you have been through with the water problems. Now you have to deal with the move.

All I can say is hang in there. It sounds like the only way to go is up, but we are all pulling for you!!!

Couple of thoughts.

I would be reluctant to put the ceiling back up right now. First you need to get it all dried out, but secondly the bare ceiling will let you monitor the success of your sealing efforts. I don't recall what you said that you used, but the general consensus (especially among professionals is that Dicor is the best there is. You can get it in caulking tube at many RV places including Camping World. Their site is:

http://www.dicor.com/Product.aspx?ID=12

Concerning getting the moisture out, that is a tough one when you live in a wet environment. In CO it is as easy as opening the windows and blowing a lot of air in. If you have a forced air type furnace, they tend to really dry things out, so I would run it as much as possible.

As I say, hang in there - we are pulling for you!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
shaynemartin
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

Hello everyone...been a while I know. As usual we are pulling our hair out. We have caulked and caulked, but still have a few leaks. We have a real moisture problem here in Oregon and just can't get it dried out. I have 6 Dri-Z-airs in it and it bearly does anything. We have the bus in an outdoor storage area since there are no indoor storage areas big enough around here to put it under. We did find a leak by the rear air conditioner. Trying to make sure it is sealed before the rain starts again. Mildew has been a problem. We wipe everything down every couple of days to keep ahead of it. We can't run heat in it until we pull it from storage and put it somewhere else, but then we can't work on it the way we need to. Honestly, we have considered selling it. Our dog ( my unofficial service dog) has hurt her leg, possibly ripped a tendon and may be facing surgery. It could be several thousand dollars before its done. I can't lose her. She has saved me from ending up in a coma several times now. I don't have the money to train her properly, but she is so smart. She knows me and has always been there looking out for me. So.....we are on the fence as what to do. We have a little over 2 weeks until we have to be out of our apartment. We could use all of your prayers right now!!!

The inside is coming along. I'll post some pics. We are still scratching our heads over the accessory tank. Not a clue. We still have electrical issues. Our rear lights (brake and turn) are grounding out somehow and we have to figure that out too. Not good at electrical stuff.....grrrrrrrr.
Question?....The space left of the fridge? What was origonally there? Anyone know? LOL

Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Just a wild guess , storage of some sort, maybe a small hot water heater.is there any indecation of shelves or holes in the floor for plumbing ?. The bus is looking good keep moving forward and just in God to see you thur this tuff time. ?always remember He will provide all that you NEED. Later Andy
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481