Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Duane & Cheryl's 89 Eagle Model 20

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Duane & Cheryl's 89 Eagle Model 20

Post by Songman »

Every time I look at this thread it gets better! I love that you keep adding pictures! I am amazed what the two of you have done. This is the thread I will use to get my wife motivated to work on the bus with me!

Honestly, I don't know what to ask about the Hurricane. And then I want to ask everything! I bought my unit used with less that 50 hours on it. I have no instructions or anything. I see that it has three zones built in - heat, domestic water, and engine loop. Basically, I just want to pick your brain about how you set them up.

I had thought about doing the under floor heating like Gumpy did but I have now decided that I don't need that. I am not going to be camping in 30 below temps. One thing that is different in my bus is that I will have bunks and a side aisle bathroom. I want to make sure I can put heat into both of those areas as well.

We'll talk! Thanks for your continued inspiration.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Duane Thank You for the post. You should be very proud of what you have done. That is some fine work on your conversion. I cannot wait untill Quartzsite to look your bus over. How is the radiator coming along? Witch way did you decide to go? When at Quartzsite I will pick your brain about the driver up. I am going to do that on my 15.

Thank You Wayne
Joseph Riolo
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle AE-20

Post by Joseph Riolo »

Hello, Duane and Cheryl, I am amazed at the quality of the work you have done on your bus. Most impressive. If you are interested I have new in the box stainless corners and bumper blade to convert the AE-20 rubber bumpers over. I was going to convert ours but we are going to sell her instead. Again my praise about your work. Enjoy. Joseph 203-417-6624
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

All I can say is w :o w!!!
--
BILL
Harvester
Bus Model: 1990 Eagle Model 15

Post by Harvester »

Duane and Cheryl, you are very talanted folks.........I'm amazed at the quality of work and the end result. :o
Thanks for sharing,
Jim
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Post by eaglebus8920 »

Harvester

Thank you very much for your comments. This board and the poeple that are here , keeps us motivated to be able to finish this project. Well 2009 is a new year and our plans for the Eagle this year is to replace the rubber front bumper and the bumper ends, with the stainless style front bumpers. We have the interior about 90% finished and then it on to FINALLY :roll: :roll: :roll: paint the exterior. I will be posting more pictures as things are completed.

Duane & Cheryl
89 Eagle Model 20 6v92t ddecII
St. Louis M0
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Post by eaglebus8920 »

Hi again

Well we have not been posting many pictures lately, only because what work we are doing on the bus is mostly finishing all the loose ends. We did finally change over the old rubber front bumper to the famous Eagle front bumper look. I am so happy with the new look of the front bumper. If any one can tell me what the vertical poles at the left and right corners of the bumper is for wins a PRIZE. Not sure what that prize is but good luck with your answers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We have started on the paint work but not sure how long it will take us to complete.

Duane & Cheryl

St. Louis, MO
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Man-man, what can I say? It is outstanding, every inch of it, and so well thought out and materialistically perfect and functional. If I had your coach, I would bury mine and make a storm cellar out of it.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Absolutely Gorgeous! The look you are achieving is beautiful and very shiny too!

I'm gonna take a stab at the poles, for your flags maybe? :mrgreen:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Duane &Cheryl I remember when you first posted you story, Wow you have done top notch work and we can't wait to see your Eagle. We hope to be in Quartsitze this next year to meet as many Eagle owners as posible . Hope to see you there. Again GREAT work .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481