Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Duane & Cheryl's 89 Eagle Model 20

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Re: Duane & Cheryl's 89 Eagle Model 20

Post by eaglebus8920 »

Thank you thank you thank you one and all. Dreamscape wins the prize for the right answer to the vertical poles on the left n right bumper ends. I do not normally let out my secrects on design, but I am feeling good this morning. I used an electical connector that is used for conduit to the electrical box. I then insert a piece of conduit 14" long in the connector which allows the flag poles to slide in perfectly without any wobble. When we park all I have to do is insert the flag poles and raise my flags. Then I can quickly sit down and enjoy a beer. This project is finally becoming a joy to do. Again thanks for your responses it keep us going on the work on the bus. Soon I will be posting pictures of 2 cooling fans installed in the rear of the bus that will help with keeping the Eagle cool going down the road.

Duane & Cheryl

St. Louis, MO
89 Eagle Model 20
6V92 TA DDEC II
Last edited by eaglebus8920 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Post by eaglebus8920 »

BCO

Thank you for your comments. You have fine Eagle. Love the wood work you have done in the cab area. Did you do the stripe work on your Eagle? We am looking to do something similar to ours.

BoxcarOkie wrote:Man-man, what can I say? It is outstanding, every inch of it, and so well thought out and materialistically perfect and functional. If I had your coach, I would bury mine and make a storm cellar out of it.

BCO
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I'll bet I know what the prize is, the total secret revealed! :lol:

A great idea I might add, how about showing us the whole setup?
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Looking good, Duane. Yeah, I'm totally jealous! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Did you do the stripe work on your Eagle? We am looking to do something similar to ours.

No, the current paintjob was on the coach when I purchased it, I am repainting it in September (that is what I am planning for it) should look something like this when finished. Honda has a color out that I just die for, it is called brushed metal or something like that, and that is what I am shooting for. No accents, no striping, just a straight plain-jane-paint scheme.
Going to take it to Colombus Ohio and let StarJet paint it.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;