Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I finished wiring the heater on the AD-9 today. I decided to install a switch so I could turn it on/off as needed. Didn't want it pulling amps if its not cold enough to use. And besides I live in Texas and the ole girl sits most of the time anyway! ;)

Steve,

Looking forward to the pics on your spring brake assembly. I know how busy you are, so post them when you can.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Paul Are you and Becky coming to Quarzsite in Jan.? Sure hope you can make it so we can see your good looking bird. Its just down the road a peice for a Texas Guy.

Thank You wayne
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Wayne,

Not sure at this time. We really want to make it this year, but with Becky starting a new job and not having enough away time stacked up yet, it might be just me. We'll see how it all works out. I might have to fly into Phoenix and drive over, will know more next few weeks. We still both work and sometimes the best laid out plans go goofy. :(
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

I thought I would post a few pics of the bedroom and bathroom. These were taken about one year ago, haven't updated these yet.

The Queen Bed is on the side, with lift up lid for engine access and storage. I installed two gas struts to help when lifting. I also added some foil two side sound/heat barrior 1/4" thick.

The shower was finished using tile board with a shower door from a typical home improvement store.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

This is what she looked like before paint. A lot of work was done including replacing the original breastplate with a fiberglass one from R&M Fiberglass in Turner OR. All the paint was hand stripped down to bare metal. There were from 6-12 layers of paint to remove, sure burned up a lot of sandpaper! The first picture was just after the breastplate installation, before removing some of the paint.

This next picture was just before paint on drivers side.

Lots of proof of the serial number under each aluminum side banding.

The rear has not been finished yet, but wanted to show where the original rear lights were that were covered with aluminum and welded in. It had previously been fiberglassed over and it was cracked in large circles.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

With the help of Clifford, Gerald Jenkinson, and others, and of course the amazing internet I have ordered my 3030 Spring Brakes for the rear axle, along with an SR-1 inversion valve and an E-6 Application/Foot valve. I have yet to order a dual check valve, but I should be able to find that locally, even in Abilene!

My existing system is a single type, I will be changing this to a dual type. This will allow either system to operate if either the front or rear fail.

Then the fun begins! I can't wait to tear into this, I have learned so much and it has been a great experience for me. Hopefully the end result will just as rewarding.

I will be posting pictures and a discussion on the installation and final results as it progresses.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Paul,

I think this is the first peek I have seen of your coach and she sure is a nice one buddy. I like the look and feel you have going on there in the bedroom area. Keep up the progress and keep posting us some pics as you go along.
How's the brake situation coming along also. Did you see my pics yet? Can you tell me what I have in the back of mine. When you get a chance give me a call (859)-797-9119 or send me your number and I will call you so I can pick your brain about the brakes.
Talk to you soon buddy.....

................Kentucky Steve ......................
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Steve,

It was good to talk with you yesterday. Thanks for the comments, but it's like this, it looks good at 50 feet or 50 mph! :roll:

Your project is something to be very proud of, and you will enjoy the journey down the highways and back roads. Now if the economy gets back on track you can get 'er done.

I am no brake expert by any means, but I'm well on my way to making our Eagle stop with much better performance than before. Safety is most important here, I have to stop tons of steel and other assorted materials. Maybe a hard stop will shake some of the rust off! :lol:

Because you said you are using disk brakes you will have to read the Benix site for that information, as I'm sure what I'm doing is differant. Some of the valving might be the same but you will need the ABS for the disk, at least I think so. Dan and others will give you sound advice.

The parts I ordered should be here by the end of the week, will take pics of them and start to get dirty. :D Then take pics of each step for reference. Just don't look at the rest of the undercarriage, OK? :oops:

We're havin' fun now!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

After spending a copule of hours on the phone and a few emails back and forth with Dan, I found out where my Air Low Pressure Switch is located. It is located on the PP-2 valve, I saw a switch there but did not know what it was for, now I know!

Norris was of course a tremendous help, he was not sure so he gave me the name of a guy in Odessa to talk to. Raymond Young helped me figure it out. He also has lots of DD-3 brake chamber parts that are available. If anyone needs any PM me and I will pass along his phone number to you.

Now I can have peace of mind knowing that once I get the warning system operational it will let me know when my air pressure is low and I need to STOP!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

All is well in Abilene Texas today!

I installed my spring brake chambers and the QR-1C valve today! Wheww, feels good to get out from under the bus! Been there since Sunday! ;)

I just did half of my installation job. Wanted to do this much and see how everything worked before proceeding to turn it into a dual brake system.

I got brakes now! With NO LEAKS!

Took it for a test drive back and forth in the driveway! Hee Hee

I will post photos and a "How To" later today or tomorrow.

Yippeee! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740