Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Here's a shot from this morning. It got down to 31 last night, so no clear coat today. Becky let me use her portable heater to put in the bus while I work on moving the fridge. So I thought I would bring the dash in and get it warmed up and stain cured. Man that thing wamed up the coach so fast I had to take off my shirt jacket!

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Paul, that looks great! And a compliment from Wayne on woodworking goes a long way after seeing the wood work he did in his coach! I'm really Jonesing to start making some progress on mine. Ya'll are keeping me motivated.. now if I could just find the time!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Nice work there Paul, that's gettin-n-er done. The dash looks great buddy. I am courious as to where the defroster vents are in your 01. Mine are right between where the wood is aginst the window and I dont see yours there. I am just wondering if there is another way of doing it. You better lock Becky outa the bus :D or your not going to get any rest. :lol: I know in truth though the girls are the reason we slave on these beast. ;) Keep posting the pics buddy, looking great.

.............Kentucky Steve...............
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Steve, I removed the old defroster system along with the driver heater. The heater below the dash has two squirrel cage fans that I will plumb to two vents in the top of the dash. I haven't found what I like expcept Prevost has a nice rectangular vent/diffuser that looks great, so is the price! :lol: I'm still searching for one that will work. I have left room for them so when the time comes I can plumb it. ;)

Up to this point Becky has not had a lot of input, but now that I'm starting the kitchen she has plenty! :idea:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here's a picture of Becky and myself at Sisters Oregon, taken last July when visiting my brother to celebrate our parents 60th. Such beautiful country and lots to see and do.

Now you get to see my ugly face and my beautiful wife, The Boss! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Paul , The dash look's great. I have a few cabinets that need redoing lol . GREAT JOB looking forward to seeing the finished Coach .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Andy,

I'm looking forward to it being finished myself! ;) But you know the old saying in the bus conversion world, They're never really finished!

Finally finished the last clear coat on the dash today and started wiring switches and gauges. I will post a pic when finished.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks for the post and the pictures,it'll be nice to see the finished side of it but I really dig the build up phase and the progression of it all ,seems that every one witha project ongoing here on the board has shown how well thought out their projects are and the proof is evident in the pictures that are posted .from Steve and his incredible skills to Wayne ,Paul etc all marvels to behold . :mrgreen: .The possibilities are endless and it shows,damn!if this isn't the best board on the net :D .We all share ,others only bicker :x .
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Well the day finally came...........It's finished.........Hooray!

After checking all the wiring and doublechecking my doublechecking, I put power to everything and guess what, no visable smoke!
I fired the ole trusty DD up and let her hum for a while then I gave it some real juice. All lights, switches and gauges are working like they are supposed to, imagine that! :roll: I did have one problem, forgot one ground on my spot light....duh....

You have no idea how it feels to finally sit in the driver seat and have a real dash! ;)

That's about it for me this week, heading over the pond on Saturday and I need to get prepared.

Here she is in all it's glory! Sorry it came out a little dark.

I thought I should add this one too, all the switches have blue LED lights that let me know when they are on, they look pretty cool when they are lit up.

I just realized this is my five year anniversary to the exact day I picked up our Eagle! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Paul, GOOD JOB Keep up the good work. That's what we call whipping the ole Eagle one project at a time. Have a safe trip.

Wayne