Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I finally returned home and went to work on the continuing progress of our home. I made a list sometime ago and added to it while I was away, does it ever end! :roll:

I installed our Bissell Garage vacuum in the bay that contains our hot water heater and propane tanks. I mounted so I can remove it when the hot water heater needs attention. I plan to install a switch inside so we can get right to work. I did test it before I left and it will suck the hair off a dog! It also will vac water, and has a separate tank.

I also hooked up all of our propane appliances, now I have to purge the new tanks and fill them. Will build a cabinet to contain them soon, before we use them.

I had to replace our leaking, old ugly toilet with a new Thetford, low profile. That was a stinky chore! ;)

Trying to get as much done as possible before Breaux Bridge!

We're Happy as a Camper!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Installed a small 10 watt solar panel yesterday to charge our one lonely 12 volt house battery. Our smart charger isn't so smart and it would boil over the battery. I'm hoping to add more panels and more batteries in time, it's mainly for lighting and fridge panel at this time.

Finally installed some carpet in the living room the other day. I removed the Flexsteel Captain chairs and Sofa Bed in order to lay the carpet and liked the idea of more room. We decided to go for the house look instead of the RV look in seating and chose to go with two rocker, recliner, glider chairs. It sure gave us more room. They are very comfortable! Also gave us more room for the dogs beds. If we have any guests they will have to sit on the floor! ;) Just kidding, I'll bring out our outdoor folding chairs and try to be good hosts!

We were strolling around WalMart the other day looking at 19" HDTV LCD Flat Screens and came across a Samsung that looked very nice and the price was right. After further discussion we found out the floor model was the last one and they were going to reduce the price even further than their sale price. Guess what, we bought it! I removed our old 19" analog from the bedroom, installed a door and mounted it. We'll have more room for storage now where the old tv sat. Now we just have to get a Winegard Batwind Antenna so we can get more of the local stations. Directv won't let us have the ABC New York channel because the local channel has a strong signal. We get everyone but ABC and that's our favorite, Becky is not happy! When Momma aint happy....well you know the rest of the story.

It's finally starting to look like a home now! We're hoping to have more finished before we leave for the Eagle Breaux Bridge Rally.

See ya there!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

Paul and Becky,

I hope you don't get everything finished before you leave for the Breaux Bridge rally. I would hate to have someone show up with a coach that is Finished. The rest of us would really be uncomfortable with the list of things to be done on our coaches.

See you in LA.
Dave
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Dave, Believe me there will be a lot to do even after the rally. I still have to finish the exterior, and it won't get done until June! :roll: The outside is finished so I'll park in the back so no one will notice! :lol:

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Just finished installing a Winegard Batwing Sensar III! Now we can enjoy the local ABC with a great signal! Going to install the Winegard Wingman when it gets here on Monday to help boost the signal. I needed an adaptor for a sloped roof and low and behold a local RV Store about 1/2 mile from us had one, so I snatched it up. It really was a simple installation because I already had as old Winegard Dish mount on the roof, the hole pattern was exactly the same. Removed it and went to work. I ended up bolting the mount, I had access on the inside because it's not finished yet, lucky me! :D

Also have been working on the entry, installed the same tile as we did in the kitchen, carpet on the walls and some courtesy lights for the steps. Will post pictures of that when I'm finished.

This list is getting shorter, that is if we stop adding to it! :lol:

Life is Great!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Well I went and finally bought another tool, you know we just gotta have our tools. ;) It's a Kreg Pocket Tool, I'm sure most of you know what it is but for those who don't, you just gotta get one. Now I just have to find a place to store it when I'm finished, and remember where I put it is probably more important!

It even makes it look like I know what I'm doing, kinda scary huh! :lol:

Wayne, don't worry, I'm not going to even try and compete with your work! :D

I just can't wait to see Kentucky Steve's Eagle when he starts on the inside. As a cabinet maker I'm sure it will be out of this world!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here's a picture of our entry.

Lights on!

Lights off!

It is trimed in oak and finished now. These were taken just before the Breaux Bridge Rally.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

We stained the upper front cabinets yesterday and no blood was spilled in the process! :lol:

We have a 36" Vizio on a pivot mount that goes in front of the electronic cabinet which contains DVD Player, Sat. Receiver, VCR Player and stereo. On the right is storage for CD's and tapes, the upper center cabinet is for ???, the lower cabinet above the windshield is for flashlight, dog stuff like leashes etc and whatever else will fit.

I'll start building the doors today while Becky applies the first finish coat.

You can view all the progress on our website. As you can see, I'm no cabinet maker, but I enjoyed the process and now feel more confident to build the upper kitchen cabinets.

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here is a picture of our newly installed pantry door and access door under the fridge for our vacuum hose. The pantry door was made out of solid 1x12 oak, the grain is beautiful.

I'm starting to build a computer desk for my wifes desktop. I will post results when finished. Becky starts a new job on Monday and needs a comfortable working place. Our living room is getting smaller. ;)

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Very nice my friend! I like the colors combination.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed