Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Dreamscape 1968 Eagle 01

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Paul & Becky Great job on the cab's and floor. you can come and do our's when you find some spare time lol . GREAT job
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Keep up the good work. The boss is a keeper.

Good Job Wayne
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

The white place between the pocket door and fridge is the pantry. The jamb for the pocket door will be the pantry door. We'll see how it works out.

I finished the the Norcold refer. completely yesterday and fired the ole gal up, she ran great and the temp inside the rear wall at the top was about 110. Not sure if the IR gun was reading the back of the fridge or the air, kinda hard to direct the beam when you can't see where it is. ;) I lined it with foil insulation to minimize the heat transfer.

Plumbed the water lines for our Splendide washer dryer combo today, hopefully will get to try it out after I return Jan. 30th.

That's all I was able to accomplish the past three weeks. The next job is the upper cabinets and carpet. Still lots to do. ;)

There are many more pictures on my uniquebusconversion website.

Havin' Fun Now!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Nice job Paul and Becky. On your norcold when I took mine out for maintenace I noticed a black spot on the wall where the exhaust comes out. Because the roof has a radius at the top the exhaust gets pretty close. I but a piece of tin there for some more protection. Not sure if it would have started a fire but you could tell it got hot.

Keep up the goog work Wayne
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Wayne,

I installed a piece of bubble cell insulation, foil two sides at the roof curve. It said it withstands heat pretty good. I forgot the name of the stuff, but that is one of the reasons for the purchase. (I have CRS!)

I did find some information, it is used in the Hot Rod Industry as a heat barrier from the firewall, good to 180 degrees F.

Here is a description.

Foil Body Insulation Sheeting & Sound Deadener 48"x72"

FOIL INSULATION & SOUND DEADENER

This consists of two layers of polyethylene bubble film sandwiched between two layers of 99.9% pure aluminum, making a structure of 5/16" thick, 48" wide x 72" long. The temperature range on this is -60°F up to 180°F. It works great for insulating firewalls, headliners, trunk & floor pans, door panels, kick panels, rumble seat areas, under carpet, etc.

It is easy to install - simply cut & form to your desired shape using scissors and attached with simply contact cement of weatherstrip adhesive. This is a light weight, super versatile product designed for easy usage just about anywhere you want to place it.

UNIVERSAL APPLICATION (48" x 72" roll)
Ref # SR-5010-5

Good point, I'll keep an eye on it! ;)

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Well now, the kitchen sink and faucet is finally installed. After a local supplier, McCoy's, sent the wrong sink twice, we gave up and went to Lowe's and bought a standard size stainless steel along with a faucet. It wasn't the size Becky wanted but she settled cause she knew I had to get to work after being gone for two weeks.

It's not as fancy as most of you, but it will suit us just fine! ;)

I finished the clear coat on the cabinets today and they came out pretty good. It was colder than heck here, but with a portable electric heater it brought them temps up pretty good.

I still have yet to buy a propane heater, hoping it will warm up so I won't have to! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

OOOHHHH how I long to see a coffee pot in our bus Paul...

Nice job buddy. She's coming along well.

You want cold, come on up. My bus has over 2 inches of ice on it and they say we got another 1 inch coming tonight. Ever heard trees covered in ice crashing down in the the middle of the night from the weight of the ice....... erie to say the least.....I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Keep up the great work there Paul.

..............Kentucky Steve ..............
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Kentucky Steve wrote:Ever heard trees covered in ice crashing down in the the middle of the night from the weight of the ice....... erie to say the least.....

..............Kentucky Steve ..............
I lived through a few big ice storms in North GA when I was a kid. When you are a kid they are fun. When you are adult they are just a PITA. The ice is pretty thogh until it starts to break everything.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey Paul how are ya ,when we get our wings back,I'm coming to visit you(probably 3 months hee hee) to see how nice it is(and make mine that way :D )in person :D
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

It only took me just over five years to get one in ours! :lol:

I hope you have better luck than I did! :roll:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740