Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

The Browns new 67 EAGLE 01

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
67eaglenewbie
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle Conversion 01 with a 05 front cap

The Browns new 67 EAGLE 01

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

well here we go i hope i can upload a few pics as i'm new to this we just bought our first Eagle its a 1967 01 that has a 05 front cap i think and a 8v71n with a 4 speed but she seems to run good as we drove it home from AZ to Oh and it never gave us any problems it got 7.5 miles to the gallon from pheonix to Gallup new mexico and 8.0 from gallup to the oh boarder there are a few things i need to do like a driver seat and power steering , invertor, and flat screen TV but here are a few pics it needs a good polishing as there is alot of staining on the lower sides and a pic of the race car

Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: The Browns new 67 EAGLE 01

Post by Songman »

Good looking bus, John. That is actually a Model 10 cap. Looks like it's also been updated to the Model 10 style dash. Nice wheel covers too. I have never seen any like that. Looking forward to lots more pictures.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

Thanks ya now that i figured out how to upload them i got a really good deal on it and so far we love it so the cap is a 10 well i was reading some of the paper work and it said somthing about a 10 and a 05 maybe the rear is a 05 it has the four light red white yellow and red from the bottom up hey do you know where to get the light cover for the three lights on the top middle there red one came off on the trip home

thanks John
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Nice coach John, welcome to the whacky world of bus ownership.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Great to see your family and Eagle. Nice race car!

You can get new lenses from a couple of places. Give Ed a call at Jefferson Bus 800.813.9367, I'm sure they have some.

Have fun and enjoy your new toy!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Welcome to the board, very nice coach! ;) . You can also get the complete assy also (lens base w/Lens or just the lenses), the originals have a tendency of drying out,good luck and welcome.Van
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

John, your bus would have originally looked like this.

You can see the different cap design, the lightning bolt design of the aluminum on the side, and the different front bumper and headlights. I think 67 would have been built by Bus & Car in Belgium.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

WELCOME,....

Cool Race Car. What Does She Run In The Quarter ?

Great Looking Bus !!! You Are Going To Love This Bus Thing.!!

That Picture Of Your Family Is Priceless....
Taken When You Got Home From The Trip RIGHT ???? If So...I Can Read There Minds By The Expressions On There Face

Wife....Im So Happy....Happy Were Home..Couldnt Take Another Day Of That !!

Mom... I Dont Know..Crazy Maybe ? That Boy Of Mine

Son...All Right !!!! SWEET !!!.Lets Go Dad !!!

Great !!! Thanks For Sharing Your New Toy With Us

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

thanks for the great welcome wow that is a major change i think i like the 10 cap better but i do like the 01 front bumper the lines are sleeker and thanks for the heads up on the lights i need exhaust parts as well and the race car runs 8:90 but we run 9:90 bracket and we are going to run Pinks ALL Out in norwall OHIO we have the tickets already we got lucky as they sold out in 2 minutes i have a question for you guys when you hook up a trailor brake controler where do you hook it i was thinking that the power to the lights would work but not sure with the air brakes any info would be great

Thanks John
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

If it's 12v you should be able to hook it up to the brake lights. They get their signal from the pressure switch located in the rear brake line. Ours is located "Down Under" by the rear axle.

I'm in the process of wiring a trailer socket to pull a trailer/toad, that's where I'm getting the power from. I prewired the rear lights and brake lights when I redid the wiring several years ago.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/