Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Art and Cindy's 1988 / 15 SunChaser

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Art and Cindy's 1988 / 15 SunChaser

Post by Dreamscape »

Well done Cindy! Looks like I can learn a lot from you! One of my favorite songs too!

Art, you did OK too! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Great video Cindy. I visit your site often and I am amazed by what you all have been able to accomplish curb side. What a great inspiration to everyone that you and your family are. Keep posting new pics as we look for updates often. Love the bus too.

How,s Art coming with the unicycle lessons.... :D ...

Kentucky Steve
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Our latest project has been the entry way. If you've been on our website, you probably already saw these pics.

Unless the area is perfectly square or rectangle, I make patterns before cutting the material. I taped paper together until the area was covered. This was really easy, I wish I had thought of it a couple years ago. Although, I don't think it would have worked everywhere. Some area's I started with a paper pattern, and from that, cut a more sturdy pattern, and from that, cut the real piece.

This is what it looks like now. Phase one complete.

Next we plan to make cobblestone flooring from paper mache. I know already this will be a messy and fun project!
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

It looks great Cindy! I can't wait to see the paper meche cobblestones!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

I'm sorry, I'm a nuts and bolt kinda guy. What the heck is paper mache cobblestone :?:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Paul-

I think it's magic. . .but I'm sure Cindy will have some pics posted in about 2-3 weeks. It better be done by then, 'cause we have a short road trip about then!
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Well Paul, I'll be making "stones" out of paper mache that's been blended to a pulp. The grout between the stones will also be made from paper mache pulp. My sister and I made a sample on a 30" x 18" piece of plywood a couple years ago. I set it at our front door to make sure it holds up. Believe me, we practically have a revolving front door, so it's been tested to the hilt.... and has passed with flying colors. I can't wait till the project is finished!

Here are a couple preparation pics. This weekend I made 60 lbs of paper pulp to get ready for making the stones next weekend.

Speaking of nuts and bolts though... here's something for you. Art put his new mirrors on the bus this weekend, and boy are they nice!

The only thing about these new mirrors, we had the old mirrors rigged to hold the flag poles... and not sure about doing the same thing to the new mirrors. We have to think of something before the end of April because I really want to fly our flags at the campground at Stagecoach (2 day outdoor country festival) this year!
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Ok, now you gone and done it, new mirrors huh! Here I was feeling good about getting my rusted exhaust apart today and Art went and added bling! :D Where did he get them?

I'll be interested to see how the paper mache turns out. I haven't played with that stuff for oh, probably 50 years or so! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Paul-

I ended-up contacting Ramco and had them build a set for me. . .just HAD to have them. Now Cindy can set them how she wants when she drives and I don't have to re-adjust them (which took a rubber mallet with the old ones). The installation was much less painstaking than I thought it would be--the old mirrors came off (with no screws shearing or breaking), and the new mounts fit exactly into the old holes.

Along the paper mache lines, I wouldn't believe this idea would work if her sample hadn't been sitting on our front porch for the last couple of years getting trampled by everyone that walked through. It's been weather resistant, animal resistant, cleans easily, and it looks nice as well. I'm just glad she's only doing the entry way, because we wouldn't have enough room in the house for any more shredded paper!

Now I've got to work on an idea for flagpole holders. I think it's Dave St. John's bus that has the nice set-up on the front bumper. . .maybe he'll trade me bumpers!

Okay, time for head-scratching. . .

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Actually, I think I saved enough shredded paper over the years to do the whole bus! As soon as I'm done, you can throw all the extra away... and say "I told you so" if you want! LOL
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser