Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Jason and Stephanie's 1966 Silver Eagle 04

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Jason and Stephanie's 1966 Silver Eagle 04

Post by Dreamscape »

I like the look! It's great to see another kitchen project besides ours, it was getting kind of boring! ;)

One thing I will say, you guys don't mess around when you tackle something! 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Hi Stephanie,
Your bus looks great! I'm the photographer in our family too. Art said we would be done with our bus in half the time if I didn't stop to take pictures!

I was picking out pictures to put on our own project thread (which we haven't started yet) and realized our 3 youngest grew up during that time (about 5 1/2 years so far). Art or I will get that going this week hopefully!

Congrats on getting this far, keep up the good work, and *have fun* !!

Cindy
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

BEAUTIFUL !!!! You Guys Aint Messing Around !!

I Love The Center Fridge. Thats A Great Space Saver In Itself.

I Cant Wait To See More....And YES Pictures Of The Bays Is A Great Idea. Pictures Of EVERYTHING.......

Also The Side Door In The Rear Is Just Tooooooo COOL !!!!!
I Wished My 04 Had The Side Door....But, It Has Been Removed. I Guess Its A Great Place For Leaks And More Rust. But, I Like It.

Keep The Pictures Coming.

Thanks
JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. We love our bus and love showing it off. Ever since we got it we've been giving tours (we'll do it by force if we have to). A friend of ours is looking for a bus now and I'm trying to talk my dad into getting one instead of a motorhome but he's being stubborn saying that he doesn't want a project when in fact I know he would absolutely LOVE a project like that, espectially if he had his little helper (me) there to lend a hand. *sigh* Oh how I would love to work on two beautiful bus' at the same time!

Cindy, it's great to see another lady around here. No offence intended guys!

John,
I'm a HUGE fan of the center fridge too. Last night after I took the pictures we were doing some measurements and realized there is space all around the fridge! There are probably gas lines behind the fridge but that doesn't account for all of the space there. So we're going to have to do an excavation find out what's back there!

I will take pictures of the bays this morning. My car is in the shop today so I'm stuck at the house, should be easy to find time to take pictures! I'll go ahead and get some pictures of the boring old engine too since it's opened up already. :lol:

About the side door, it's cool that it's there, but it's welded shut and pretty much useless. But I've never seen any leaks so that's a good thing. So far the only leaks we've found have been in the windows behind the kitchen. I guess we got lucky with that.

More pictures to come as soon as the sun is up and doing it's thing.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Let there be bays!

Moving from passenger side door and heading back...

Generator

Right side of engine compartment

The Beast

Left side of engine compartment

Submarine plumbing :lol: (back bay on the drivers side heading forward)

I can't remember what this is...

This is the little compartment under the drivers side window. It holds the factory snow chains.

This is the access to the engine from under the bed

Jason can better explain what some of that is.

Enjoy!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Thank You Stephanie. :D :D :D

The Engine That You Call The BEAST...Is Really A BABY BEAST.
8V53 Is A Very COOL Detroit Diesel. Smallest Of Its Breed. I Would Love To Have One.

My 04 Eagle Has A 6V92 DD And An 5 Speed Automatic.

Thats A Real Bummer About Your Rear Door Being Welded Shut :cry:

I Met A Lady In Quartzsite ( Her Name Is Also Stephanie) Her And Her Husband Has A Crown Bus With The Rear Door Like The 04. She Told Me That They Park The Bus On The Ocean And She Opens The Rear Door...Lays In Bed....And Takes In The Ocean....Sounds Real Cool To Me !!! Well Except When The Tide Comes In ... :o :lol:

Anyway...... I Have Mixed Feelings When It Comes To Side (Emergency) Doors. Sometimes I Love Them...And....Sometimes I HATE Them. I Guess It Depends The Style And Vintage Of The Bus.

10-4..??

Very Happy To Have You And Jason Here ( Dont Forget To Include A Picture Of You And Jason )

MrBreeze :twisted:
JOHN 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

John,
I think the side door is cool too but I'm a...how do I say it? Space Nazi? I should define that...I want to save as much space as possible and utilize it the best way possible and a side door would only take away space that could otherwise be used to stash my stuff. :)

However, they are really cool.

I'll see if I have a decent picture laying around...and by decent I mean sober. :lol:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Here we are on a trip to see my parents...it was REALLY cold that day. :lol:

Here we are sailing on Jason's uncle's boat. This is before I got the brilliant idea to have Jason tie a rope around me and let the boat drag me. A few rope burns, a near drowning and a long nap on the deck later and I was fine. :shock:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

We got some work done today, pulled all the old plumbing out, pulled out the old bathroom junk, finished the kitchen cabinets and hung blinds.

Bathroom vanity before we pulled it out. It wasn't actually attached to the wall. I realized this after I removed the first screw.

The empty hole it left behind..

Remember this nightmare?

VICTORIOUS!

The spice rack is finished. We had to take turns cause we were both getting really aggravated. The eyelet screw things were breaking off in the wood and generally being a pain to screw in.

Sealer on the window sill

Sizing blinds

New blinds and window sill.

We're going to have to move everything electrical out of the bay with the submarine and move it to a different bay. It's one thing to have your hot water heater burst but it's another for it to burst on all your electrical junk and ruin life as we know it. It's going to be a major undertaking and it's a nightmare to look at the existing mess. (pictures to prove it coming soon) Damn bus.

Also, we went to a RV rescue junkyard this morning to try to find some furniture. We found a couple of chairs that needed recovering and a nice strudy table but the guy wanted our firstborn for them. So we went home. There was an RV there that had been in a wreck, head on and it was pretty grisley. I can't imagine the driver surviving that. That's one really good reason to have a bus and not a paper mache RV. Scary stuff. Also, fires make RV's look like the appocolypse.

The end...for now it's time for a drink!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Ohhhhh.... I love your spice rack! That's so unique and so accessible! It's going to be fun watching your bus come along!
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;