Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Jason and Stephanie's 1966 Silver Eagle 04

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Re: Jason and Stephanie's 1966 Silver Eagle 04

Post by sstrucinski »

There are times that we have been scratching our heads at an obstacle or looking on overwhelmed at something we have to fix or change and we've said, "Maybe it would have been easier if we bought a shell..." I'm not sure which is easier. Surely it's easier to have a shell that you can run all the wires yourself and not have to track them down. I don't know. I'm such a rookie at this. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I do enjoy it though...suprisingly. :lol:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Look's like you guys have a handle on it. I think doing a bus conversion is 20 percent know how and 80 percent hard work. You can solicit the 20 percent but the 80 generally comes from you. Keep up the good work and keep posting us updates. Its coming along nicely.

Kentucky Steve
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Thanks Steve! We love the feedback we're getting here. This is a great place to meet friends and it's an awesome support group. :lol:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

This weekend we worked on wiring...most of it was boring but we made a nice little discovery. And by nice I mean NICE!

While tracking down all the wires we decided to put the breaker boxes in the hallway.

We took off the molding and the paneling stuff and this is what we found. WHY would anyone cover this up?! It's awesome and it makes so much more room.

After we finished our happy dance we stuffed a very dear friend of ours in a little space in the bay so he could feed the wires through.

Then we cut out holes for the breaker boxes and ran the wires.

The view inside the hole

The prospect of more wiring is dismal.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

The look on his face his priceless! It does get better. The first day you are on the road makes it all worth the effort. Someitmes it's overwhelming, just hang in there. ;)

Shoot, we've had ours going on 7 years and I worked on it today too. Taking apart the exhaust to fit a new hitch............It never, never ends! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Okay, Jason's look will go away as soon as he spits his chew out. . . .then he'll be back to work again. I'm thinking that's the same face I had when I discovered a bunch of rust in the wheel well. . .
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Fortunately chew isn't a factor. The expression is probably 50/50...get the camera out of my face and damn there's a lot more wiring to do.

I actually thought the wiring would be a lot harder...Jason makes everything seem easier than it probably is. There is the possibility that we did the easy stuff first...we'll see.

I know I can't wait to get the thing on the road. I'm very seriously thinking about taking it somewhere over Easter weekend with or without reverse, plumbing and electricity.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

I do have pics like that of Art, in fact, here is the incident he was talking about. We bought the bus the beginning of September, and in October we dug deep enough to find... ~dun-dun-dun~ RUST!

http://www.webcove.com/eagle/images/mis ... 160007.jpg

http://www.webcove.com/eagle/images/mis ... 160008.jpg

Besides the "oh $h_t" pictures, I have about 347 "you don't have to take ANOTHER picture do you?" pictures! LOL
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

:lol: Wow, yeah I would have had the same expression at the site of rust. When I'm stuffed in the tiny confines of the bays feeding wires through I'm always on the lookout for it. It worries me. I just know that when we tear out the bathroom we'll find rust. The whole reason we have to tear it out is cause the floor is rotten from a shoddily installed shower. I just hope it's not as bad as I'm imagining it.

I don't have quite as many pictures of Jason (yet) but I have quite a few. For some reason I can't imagine he doesn't want to smile when I snap a picture. Go figure. :lol:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Just a heads up that we should have some pictures to put up sometime this week. The wiring is coming along nicely, Jason is doing an amazing job. I really don't know how he keeps up with it all. Well, I do know cause we were smart enough to buy a label maker but even with that I'm not sure how he knows what goes where. Sunday we were able to test the A/C...what a relief it was that it worked! I'm fairly certain that we should have all the wiring done this week.

I started a to-do list for the bus. Jason asked me to read it off to him, so I did. First on the list was clean the blinds. He said I should have put, #1) Clean the blinds, #2) Build a bus to put them in. :lol:
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04