Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

How to post photos.

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

How to post photos.

Post by Songman »

In the sticky called 'How to post your Project Eagle' I talked about how to put your project thread together and offered a couple of options for hosting your photos. In this thread I will explain how to post your photos once you have them stored online.

Actually it is a very simple process. You just need to paste the location of the file inside a specific code. The location will look like: http://www.location.com/filename.jpg. You will just enter the appropriate information for location and filename.

The code for pasting a photo will look like [IMG.]http://www.location.com/filename.jpg[/IMG.]

Notice the period after each IMG. These do not actually belong in the code. I had to put those in for the code to show instead of a photo. So you will put [img]and[/img] on each end of the URL. This will show your photo in your post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: How to post photos.

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Ok Dale, I have figured out how to turn on my computer now ........... :lol: :lol: whats next ...lol..... :D All jokes aside, where do I find the location file name or picture description if you will. I went to my blog and right clicked on a picture and couldnt figure out anything there.................. Sorry I lost my computers for dummies book.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Steve, it will vary by which browser you use. I use Firefox and I just right-click on the photo and select 'Copy Image Location'. It copies the URL for me and I just need to paste it into the codes here.

In Internet Explorer, there is 'Copy Shortcut' but it copies the full size photo instead of the smaller one shown on your page. That would be way too big for the forum. So if you are using IE, you need to go to the next line.

In either browser you can right click and select 'Properties' and then copy the image location.

My suggestion: If you are not already, switch to Firefox. It is free and is a much better and safer browser than IE.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Last edited by Kentucky Steve on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Dale, in the previous thread, that is what comes up. I take it that the pic was to big to come out in its pic form. Is there a way to check the size for the correct qualities????? Sorry for so many ?'s I just have no ideal what I am doing.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Yeah, that is the big version. It would have shown if you had put the Image

It is a bit of a pain, but you could change the 1600 to 320 in any URL you want to paste in.

I'll call you in a little while if you are going to be home. I'll talk you into using Firefox yet! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

:? :? :? :? :? Dale all three of those links are identical letter for letter. I am missing something here??? I am going to google the firefox and get to where I can download it. I am bound and determined to solve this mystery to me. Seems as though this is a novel though...... :lol: ...
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

http://www.getfirefox.com

The links are not the same. The forum truncates the link so you can't see it all. And I don't know how to change it so it will show... Dang it!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Good job, Steve! I don't know why IE makes it so much more complicated than Firefox. Glad you figured it out though. And them sure are some pretty steps! :)
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN