Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Steven Oldham 1966 model 04

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Steven Oldham
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle model 04

Steven Oldham 1966 model 04

Post by Steven Oldham »

I just bought this bus it has a 6v53 Detroit diesel with a 6 speed zf manual transmission. It has a 6500 watt propane generator a new 12 volt system including new inverter and charger.The motor runs real well and the guy I bought it from just put the transmission in it that he found in a barn in Wisconsin or somewhere.The bus has alot of potential Im looking forward to getting fixed up. I do have a couple of questions.First when driveing the bus the clutch is really hard to push in is this normal for this bus and second were can I get a window either the glass or new window some punk kids busted one of the side windows Also is it possible to get new windshields for this bus the one in it is cracked and I want to replace it if I can. Im going to try and put some pictures on here. I will keep up with my progress and any advise would be great .
Attachments
Capture+_2017-11-19-04-58-47.png
Capture+_2017-11-19-05-00-49.png
Capture+_2017-11-19-04-56-27.png
Capture+_2017-11-19-04-54-17.png
Capture+_2018-01-20-18-09-24.png
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Steven Oldham 1966 model 04

Post by beltguy »

Hi Steven. Welcome to our forum and Eagle ownership

A good automotive glass shop should be able to replace the glass in the window frame. If it is single pane glass, the job is pretty straight forward. Dual pane is a bit tougher.

Assuming you are going to convert the bus, you will probably want to replace some of the windows with RV type windows. There are companies that can make the frame to fit your opening. Not cheap, but the cost of replacing the stock glass will get you part way there.

Concerning the clutch, many models of Eagles have air assisted clutch linkage (see photo). I am told that it works very well. If your bus does not have the air assist system, you could probably make your own if you can find an inline valve like Eagle used.
Air assisted clutch.jpg
Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

An 04 is a pretty rare bird as only about 110 were built. Most went new to operators in Belgium and Holland but some were bought by someone in Morroco. All the glass was unique to that model. Replacing flat glass should not be a problem. I'm not so sure about those windshields.

If you get a minute, can you please find the chassis/frame/VIN for me? I should be in the range of 1201 to about 1320. I know where some of these went new but not all of them.

Be glad yours has the 6V-53. The other factory option was a Mercedes diesel and parts for an engine that old are either hard or impossible to find now, at least in the USA.

Thanks
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
Steven Oldham
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle model 04

Post by Steven Oldham »

Could anyone tell me how to go about testing the air ast. Clutch on my bus he'll I still got to find out were it zackly it is.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I'm not that familiar with your 04 but on our 01 is was located underneath the first floor panel with access to the tunnel. On some models like the 05 I believe it was located back by the transmission.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

I helped your previous owner (David) get parts for this bus. When he got it, it would not go into reverse at all. I located an engine and transmission for it in Wisconsin from an owner of a Model 04 that saved these, but had the rest of the bus crushed for scrap. There are cracks in both of your windshield sections, right? Well, after much research, there are none available. If I remember correctly, the glass came from a Swedish Co. A glass manufacturer could make some if they created a new mold, but that would cost thousands. Just hope that the cracks don't spread. He replaced the clutch slave cylinder that was leaking badly, but I believe it was a part from a different vehicle that was close in size. Flat glass can be replaced, but if you fill in some of your windows, you will have many spares. Sitting in the sun, this bus will get hot with all that upper glass and side windows. I would expect to find some leaks. The woodwork inside looks interesting, but that wood stove might be impractical. If you get this on the road, it will be one of six (or less) in the US.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746