Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

radiator configuration on the new eagles

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
van
Club Member
Club Member

radiator configuration on the new eagles

Post by van »

Hi Dan ,where are the radiators mounted in the new Eagle models ? only openings I saw on the new ones were in the engine compartment door,thanx.Van
Last edited by van on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmoothJazz

Re: the New Eagles

Post by SmoothJazz »

Van,

The radiator is mounted in the rear. It is just inside the engine door. This allows the fan to drive directly off the engine like a truck. The fan blows air through the radiator and exhausts out of the engine door, which has an open grill.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

thanks Dan,is this some thing that you think can be accomplished on our older models , and maybe still being able to use the hydro fans?
Thanx,Van
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Van,

Anything is possible with time, money and engineering.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

That's some thing worth looking into for me I think.I know that there's enough room back there ,seems I could almost shoe horn a second eng in there LOL :lol:
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Van,

Do you have that kind of room behind the engine on your 15? I know I don't on my 20. The engine is way farther back on the 20 than on the 10. The radiator on the 20 swings out, which I like. But Norris told me that I needed to get rid of the NJT radiator and put in a regular Eagle radiator. I don't remember why he said I should do it, but I hope I can engineer it so the regular Eagle radiator can still be used on the swing. One thing I want to accomplish is getting rid of that big radiator support than hangs down below the stainless on that side.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dale ,I haven't seen a swing out rad at least on an eagle ,I know one thing for sure the plumbing on mine won't lend it's self to any kind of movement(at least I hope not) :shock: in any direction
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

NJTs are not your average Eagles. They have a lot of differences.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Songman wrote:NJTs are not your average Eagles. They have a lot of differences.
Like no rust lol
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hee Hee HEE :lol: (HEY WHAT JUST FELL OFF!) :shock: