Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New clubs or old clubs??

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

New clubs or old clubs??

Post by Kentucky Steve »

I was wondering what other organizations there are, that circle around our beloved Eagles. I have been working on ours non stop and I have not taken the time to meet my new neighbors and new family here in the Eagle community. I have short changed both Deb and I. I want to get more involved and meet more of you. You guys that have owned these Eagles for a while are just a mega amount of information. :D Clifford, I would love to xerox your brain on the Eagle subject. :D :D I will be taking notes at every rally we attend... Are there smaller clubs in different areas of the country or are they all conected or ???? I just have no ideal but want to learn.

...................Kentucky Steve .......................
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: New clubs or old clubs??

Post by van »

Steve,you might be beter off putting all that info on dvd,I dont think you'll be able to get that much paper together at one time LOL ;)
van
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Steve,

Another way is to go to the smaller bus rallys. We have one every year here in Texas. I started it with the first one in 2007, we just had one last month at Eisenhower State Park in Denison TX.

There were four Eagles, our 01, Sonnie Gray's 05, Mike Crouch's 10 and also Bob Gilbert's 05. Clifford had planned to come but jury duty got in the way.

We also had several other brands that attended, Prevost, GMC and MCI.

You could start a local event yourself, you never know you might have a fellow bus nut living in your neigborhood.

Go for it!

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Paul is right. Just put something together and throw it out here on the site and see what comes of it. I did that a few years ago with a little car run along the California Coast on Highway 1. The very first year we had 22 cars show up. This will be our 6th year. The run is actually next weekend and we have 25 cars registered from 5 different states. This is pretty good considering the shape the economy is in.

We have talked about putting something together in Bakersfield at Don's shop. Unfortunately we would have to plan very carefully since it is too dang hot in Bakersfield most of the year... But we might do it sometime anyway.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

you mean like a bus raising party,I'm there!
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

HAHA... Well, even before that we talked about putting something together.

But the Eagle Raisin' sounds good too! :mrgreen:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN