Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle production Records

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Eagle production Records

Post by luvrbus »

I'll drop the subject but before I go my daughter in Houston (a lawyer) told me that when a co is liquidted by a fedral bankruptcy court and sold to a co outside the USA and brought back you can not have a copyright protection or patent.Like She and Dale are talking about most major Co's patent their products to prove ownership to protect the copyright.She checked for me and could not find anything copy protected on Eagle after 1989 when the laws were changed.FWIW SilverEagle does own the Eagle trademark they bought from MOL a about a year ago you guys be good and don't worry about me posting any manuals, but I will post the numbers nobody owns those it is public record at any DMV across the US along with the US records for exports of the Eagle (manufactures title) and I have some of those and working on more. Dale you need to get us a spell checker I know that I misppelled words here
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Dale (and everyone else), if we are lucky, Silver Eagle purchased the intellectual properties of Eagle Manufacturing. If that is the case, we will at least have a definitive situation.

If they own the rights, I would bet they would be willing to give us the rights to publishing the serial number information. However, the manuals have a market value and they would probably be reluctant to allow them to be published. I poked around their site a bit and did not see manuals offered for sale.

Since the Silver Eagle folks hang out here, maybe they can clarify the situation for us.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Silver Eagle Bus, Mfg. Inc. owns the rights to the manuals which they offer for sale. They are opposed to having them published on this website. Bus For Sale is an acting dealer for Silver Eagle and sells the manuals on our behalf.

I spoke to Craig and he does not have a problem participating in publishing the VIN/Serial numbers and also electrical schematics on this site.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Thanks Dan. That clears everything up and is about what I figured. If it is okay, I will work with you on what we have your permission to share here.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Dan, there is a pretty good market for these manuals I would think. I poked around you website, and your offer to sell manuals was not obvious to me. You might want to make it more obvious.

I bought my manuals from busforsale.com. Glad they were "legal" :D

I don't have my hard copies in front of me (on the road), but I recall that several pages were missing. I corresponded with Hillary (as I recall) several years ago and she said she would try to get the problem resolved. Never heard back from her. Did you folks work with them to get a "complete" manual?

So far, the pages that were missing have not been an issue, but I was frustrated that I did not get a complete manual.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Is Bus For Sale the only authorized seller of these manuals, Dan? I don't speak for the club but we are about to put a store online here to sell merchandise that would help fund the Eagles International chapter. If the chapter authorities wanted, could we offer to sell the manuals here on the store page?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Jim,I have a original set of model 10 parts and repair manuals I will bring to quartzsite for you.I won't do any posting of the manuals
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I've got NJT Model 20 Parts and Service Manuals, but in talking to Norris I found out that I have pages missing as well. He was referencing pages that I didn't have. It seems like a lot of manual sets have been created that are good, but not totally complete.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

John Vickers has sent me the production records he has via snail mail. As soon as I receive them I will see what kind of format they are in at post them.

It will be interesting to compare them to what Silver Eagle has.

10/24/08

I received them in the mail today. I will scan them and start posting ASAP. There are 23 pages so it may take some time.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/