Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Need help

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Steven Oldham
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle model 04

Need help

Post by Steven Oldham »

Can anyone tell me where I might find a couple windshields to fit my bus I've only been able to find some custom windshield companies and they are outrageous to have the glass made my bus is a 1966 Silver Eagle model 04 You can email me at Stevenstruckrepair@gmail.com or call or text at 931-994-3926
Attachments
Bus windshields
Bus windshields
Screenshot_20190526-094309_Photos-360x640.jpg (36.68 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Re: Need help

Post by DoubleEagle »

You are out of luck, those windshields are not available new, period. The only way to get some is from salvage of another 04, but as there are very few of those in the US (most of the ones made were in Europe and the Middle East), your chances are slim. The only way a new one can be made is after the fabrication of a new mold, which will cost thousands. Attached are some pictures of a Model 04, including the windshield marking. The interior picture might be of your Model 04. I believe the original manufacturer was somewhere in Scandinavia (Finland, maybe). It would be difficult, but perhaps some other truck, bus, or RV windshield could be adapted if it was close in size and shape. Another (wild) idea is to graft the front end of another Eagle model, but that would change the character of the bus quite a bit, and be difficult to do. If the cracks are not changing, and your state inspection requirements are not a problem, then you might be able to live with them.
Attachments
04 Eagle Front Skylight.jpg
04 Eagle Belgium on road.jpg
04 Eagle Windshield Mark.jpg
04 Eagle Windshield Mark.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746