Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Hello from Huntsville, TX - 1985 Silver Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
scharpestguy
Bus Model: 1985 Silver Eagle Model 10

Hello from Huntsville, TX - 1985 Silver Eagle Model 10

Post by scharpestguy »

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I purchased our Silver Eagle Model 10 ex Houston Metro bus about a year ago now with the assistance and mentoring from DoubleEagle (Walter- Thank you!). We had some setbacks with the engine right after purchase but Joel at ChooChoo got us all fixed up and now we are starting work on the inside. Work consists of adding a bathroom (wetbath) and a bedroom at the back for my wife and I. Our three kids 8,7,3 each have a bunk bed in the middle of the coach that was already installed.

Questions:

1. The bus came with the original Bus Air and I have removed 98% of the system. Any chance anyone has a schematic of the coolant lines that run to the front of the bus? I removed one pump per the instructions/recommendation from David Anderson (thank you) but this was done over a period of weeks/months and now looking down in the tunnel I have a hose coming off each side of the engine (6V92) with a valve to open/close than each hose was plumbed into a pump, came together into the passenger side hose/pipe, ran up front and cam back around (I think) on the driver side hose/pipe to??? I am not seeing where the return line connects back into the engine.
2. In the back back just ahead of the fuel tank in the tunnel there is an approx 1/4" copper line that runs towards the front of the bus. What is this tubing?
3. Where the Bus air components were located on the inside of the bogie wheels there is a round metal bar mounted in the middle that appears it is for structural/rigidity purposes. Can this be removed so I can install two fresh water tanks in each location? I know David mounted tanks in each location but not sure if these metal bar's were removed or if the tanks are sitting on top or....?
4. On the Driver side of the bus on the inside Bogie area where the Bus air systems were located again there is a wiring block. Any info on this and can this all be removed safely? Any chance anyone could share a schematic again?

Many thanks everyone and the coach is located in Huntsville Texas and looking forward to joining you all at rally's and taking my family out to see America.

Fraser
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Hello from Huntsville, TX - 1985 Silver Eagle Model 10

Post by beltguy »

Welcome to our forum Fraser

You have met David Anderson who has a Metro and I have one as well.

I have attached a schematic of the AC system. It will be a thumbnail that you can click on and enlarge.

On the Heating system, it has been a while since I have the original plumbing, but I think I recall that one of the hoses with the ball valve goes to the charge pump and then to the distribution system. The other hose is probably the return hose. I did not use any of that plumbing in my conversion.
AC system.jpg
Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
scharpestguy

Post by scharpestguy »

Jim,

Thank you so much for the schematic. Any chance there is another page as I don't see where the coolant returns to the engine?

I did meet David Anderson, he has done a wonderful job on his Eagle and is a wonderful individual.

Thank you Jim,

Fraser
scharpestguy

Post by scharpestguy »

Here is a picture of our Eagle just before we purchased it.

Fraser
Attachments
1985 Silver Eagle - Prior Houston Metro
1985 Silver Eagle - Prior Houston Metro
Silver Eagle.jpg (30.42 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Fraser, I have attached two more photos that show a bit of the heating system, but not sure that it will help you.

Jim
Heating Control System 2.jpg
Heating Control System.jpg
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
scharpestguy

Post by scharpestguy »

Thank you again Jim. Very helpful.

Appears that the coolant heads to the front of the bus and Y's to the Driver Side and Passenger Side. Hits a Modulation Valve and returns to the engine Heater Coil. The diagrams don't indicate/show but I would imagine the two lines come back together into one before the Heater Coil.

The smaller copper line might be the Freon Line indicated on the schematic.

Many thanks Jim,

Fraser