Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Hello

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Hello

Post by beltguy »

Barry, there is not much you can do to upset us :D Please don't accept that as a challenge :D :shock:

Prather's bus has always seemed to me to be a great value - especially as the price went down. As you probably noted in the thread, he has supposedly sold it a couple of times - only to have the sale fall through.

Most folks would be concerned about the 9 speed manual transmission - not because of the transmission, but because they want an automatic. However, with your background, that would be a great transmission. Some folks also prefer to have a turbo engine. The 8V71 is said to be a very robust engine, but without the turbo, you will be a bit slow at altitude. The 9 speed will help a lot there.

I think his contact information is still current. I would call and talk to him. If the contact information is dated, I think I can hook you up with him.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
History

Post by History »

I never responded to this thread but I did speak with the owner of the bus. He seemed to be a very nice fellow. The dirty perfect money storm arrived and I wasn't able to seriously consider buying his bus.

He did tell me why he was selling, he had stage 4 lung cancer. I want to tell you guys what I told him,,,,. There is treatment in Cuba for lung cancer, they call it a vaccine but it's not. In simple terms I understand that it encapsulates the cancer and will not let it grow, it doesn't get rid of it. This is not like going to Mexico to a witch doctor that takes your money for really nothing in return. You can research this online. I spoke with my Cuban connections and my closest connection wasn't happy with charging someone in his situation with the costs of the trip/treatment, his connections wanted to make money but he didn't. The treatment is for real, I want to make sure that's understood. So my connection told me of trials that were underway here in the US with the same treatment. I called me Ellsberry and gave him the information. I didn't speak with him for a few months but I believe he was accepted into the trial. I called just to see how he was doing and Unfortunately he had passed away. It's been a long while and I didn't know if any of you were friends with him and wanted to let anyone know who may not have. Also If anyone needs the information on the trials here for lung cancer ask and I'll try to get it for you.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Barry, thank you for letting us know about Prather's passing. Very sad news.

Do you know if Prather's widow still has the bus for sale? If so, I will bump it up on the website and the form to see if we can help her sell it.

Are you still looking for an Eagle? As said before, we would be glad to offer our thoughts if you find a candidate.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
History

Post by History »

I'm sorry I don't know if the bus sold or not. I was surprised when his wife told me of his passing and the bus never entered my mind. I wish I had known sooner of his cancer so maybe the information I had could have made a difference.

I'm still looking for an eagle and know where one is about five minutes away that has been sitting for almost five years in someone's yard. Never know, it might be for sale. It might not be a good find but I plan to go by and look an inquire.

I appreciate the help you folks have given and if the Eagle I mentioned is available will be asking for more. If it's not for sale I'd like to ask you guys to help me find something or at least let me know of any buses you know of for sale. I'm looking for a budget bus I guess but it would depend on the bus itself.

Thanks again. Barry
beltguy wrote:Barry, thank you for letting us know about Prather's passing. Very sad news.

Do you know if Prather's widow still has the bus for sale? If so, I will bump it up on the website and the form to see if we can help her sell it.

Are you still looking for an Eagle? As said before, we would be glad to offer our thoughts if you find a candidate.

Jim
Eagle obsessed
Bus Model: 1968 model 05 Eagle series 60 and B500

Post by Eagle obsessed »

I'll second what Jim said.

beltguy wrote: Are you still looking for an Eagle? As said before, we would be glad to offer our thoughts if you find a candidate.

Jim
1968 05 Series 60/B500 swap 2019-2021
1971 05 8v71 Spicer 4 speed parts bus