Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New feature test

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

New feature test

Post by Songman »

I have added a way to show YouTube and Google videos in the forum threads. When you are typing a new post, you will see two new buttons for googlevid and youtube just above the text entry window. When your cursor is where you want to add the video, just click the appropriate button. The code will be inserted into your post. Then all you have to do is paste in the URL for the video you want to show.

For example, the URL for this video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6U0PTDOBKA
When I hit the youtube button above it inserts code that looks like this [youtube.][/youtube.]. (I added the periods inside the brackets so the code would show. They will not be there in your finished code.)
You just insert your URL into the codes to show the video, like this: [youtube.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6U0PTDOBKA[/youtube.].

This is the result. Just click the Play button to watch the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6U0PTDOBKA[/youtube]
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Re: New feature test

Post by Songman »

Also added a feature to stream mp3s. Works like the YouTube button.

Big City
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

With the 'wrapimg' button you can put a small picture in one of the upper corners and have the text wrap around it. You do have to put in the script if you want the image to be to the left or to the right. If you hold your cursor over the 'wrapimg=' button above, it will show an example of how the code should look below it.

Of course, if you only have a small amount of text, it will just show beside the picture. but if you have more text it will actually print all around the picture.

I know this is a worthless little code but you never know, someone jsut might find that it comes in handy one of these days. It worked perfectly to show what the new Eagle Model 25 looks like in this case.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Now here is one that we can all use! The eBay button! A lot of us have posted links to auctions that are on eBay. Now we can just use the eBay button. Hover your cursor over the button above and it will show an example of how it works below it. Basically, you just have to put the eBay auction number in the code and it will show the auction here. If someone wants to go look at the auction, they just click on the 'View & Bid button'.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Code: Select all

[ebay][googlevid][youtube][/youtube][/googlevid][/ebay]
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Code: Select all

[ebay][googlevid][youtube][/youtube][/googlevid][/ebay]
sorry ,just cking this out ,cool
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

That's what it's for. You just need to put the URL or whatever in the code to get it to work. Hover your cursor over each of the buttons and the code will show beneath the buttons to show you how it should look.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

hey Dale thats the bomb,nice work bro! :D 8-)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I can hear Clifford now, "Where's the d*** spell check! HA

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I talked to Clifford on the phone today and told him I was working on it. I put one on the other night, the same night that I put the new style on, but it crashed the forum! Scared the crap out of me! Took me about three hours to recover from it! I'm being real careful that I can undo anything I do now.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN