Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

transporting a 6V92

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
van
Club Member
Club Member

transporting a 6V92

Post by van »

Hi guys,well time to get busy planning again(woo Hoo!)Thanks to Dave St John ,who we were fortunate to have spent some time with last Saturday while they were here in Vegas,we all had a great time and got to know each other a little better,thanks for the lunch you guys ,next time it's on us.Once again ,we are trying to get a handle on picking up the 6v92 Dave has in Copeland, KS.Our silverado is a half ton ,so the engine will have to go on a trailer,is there any advice or pre cautions I should take in tying this 2,000 lb engine down to the trailer so it rides right and stays put for the trip back to boulder city?We are very exited at the thought of finnally moving foward (agin) with our Eagle.thanks in advance.Van

P.S. WHOO HOO! :D
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: transporting a 6V92

Post by luvrbus »

Van, if the engine has the Eagle cradle it going to be simple 4 4x4's about 1 ft long each under each corner chain to the lifting brackets on the heads (4) pull each direction and haul a** by the way I have some new chains a guy just gave me you can use LOL

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks Cliff,feel kinda stupid asking things like this ,its not the biggest thing I've hauled LOL,by far.Guess I'm getting overly exited is all .Working on Doyle s suspension the other week was like a shot in the arm,always loved doing it ,the bigger the more enjoyment it gives me ,I miss it.

The M-1(family)main battle tank was my specialty in the army as was depot level repair on a wide variety of track and wheeled vehicle systems including,turret as well as fire control systems repair.Ever since I left the military I've had this void inside (not the spiritual kind,that is filled) I could not fill,tried my hand at building one off custom bikes,then hot rods ,still not a bad hobby and had a ton of good times doin it.Heck I even Lost my mind for a while and took on flying and grabbed a spot in a paint and body shop at N.las vegas air port in the paint and body person ,not bad either,But I was not inspired .Then came the Eagle ,now thats some thing I could sink my teeth into,helping you guys meet your challenge was probably the most fulfilling thing I had done since working on the big guns,thanks by the way,you guys,for letting me help.A heavy metal junkie,in heaven once more! :D

TANKS for the memories
VAN
Last edited by van on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I've got a couple extra rolls of duct tape if you need it. That stuff can handle anything!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Van, my trailer has electric brakes so if you don't have a controller on your pickup you need to get one for the brakes

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I'll look in to it ,thanks.Dale ,I'd save the "Kintucky Chrome" for closing in your eagle like Steve Suggested,just incase the steel industries go broke(after gov't take over,lol),might have to use you glass panels instead. :shock: :lol: