Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Met an Eagle owner today!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Met an Eagle owner today!

Post by Songman »

Don and I were on our way to lunch today and we saw a good looking Eagle in the WalMart parking lot. Of course I had to go knock on the door. I met a nice guy from Oklahoma with a nice Eagle. He said that his family has had Eagles since back in the 60s and he has worked on just about every part of an Eagle you can work on.

He said he didn't know there was an Eagle club or forum so I invited him to come over and check it out. I hope he will get signed up soon. They were on their way up to Washington state so if you see them give them a wave.

Good looking Model 10!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Met an Eagle owner today!

Post by luvrbus »

way to go Dale the only way to get new members is to invite.Like it or we are all getting older and it is up to the younger folks to carry on the more younger generation we have the stronger the club will be in the future
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Songman wrote:Don and I were on our way to lunch today and we saw a good looking Eagle in the WalMart parking lot....
It is valid to park at WalMart parking lots?

I remember that I've seen some RV's parked at night in one of the WalMart stores in El Paso, TX
Last edited by busdriver58 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

WalMart has always been a friendly place for RVers to stop. I guess they figure if you are stopping there you are likely to shop the stores. I think as a business, the rule for WalMart is still that you can. But in some WalMarts you can't. I think more because of local ordinances than WalMart rules.

Here is a list of WalMarts where you cannot camp. Obviously this is a small list compared to the thousands of WalMarts around the country.

http://www.freecampgrounds.com/walmart_nocamping.aspx
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN