Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New Forum Format

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

New Forum Format

Post by Songman »

Well, it was a long weekend but I think I have something we can all live with. The new forum layout has more width to handle larger pictures and larger type for those who can't find their glasses while surfing the forum but it still goes along with the look of the web site? As a matter of fact, I think I will update the website now to match the new forum.

What do ya'll think? Is this something we can live with? I still have some fine tuning to do and if you run across a glitch please let me know. Now I can start rebuilding the avatar folder that was lost last week.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: New Forum Format

Post by luvrbus »

Good job Dale, I like the new feature of the photos of different bus each time and with the script size now Gary,Van and myself can see it, now a spell check would be nice we Texans have a problem with spelling words the way they sound and most of you guys don't speak Texan
Clifford
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I'm liken it. ;) Looks great Dale. It was funny last night it would bounce back and forth and I didn't know which was which. Great job!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Very nice Dale Thank You for all your hard work the club will never be able to repay you.

Thank You Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Wayne, send him a IOU that's all the state of CA is doing for him on his income tax refund

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dale you are truly one of a kind,I know it takes alot of work to accomplish what you have done in such a short time,thank you, from Cheryl and I.When are you gonna work on closing in your bus,we'll be there to help just say the word buddy,now take the day off and have a great day you deserve it! cheers.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Dale,
You have been working hard and I see the difference in finally being able to read what I am writing or reading of other post. This is great.

Questions about new format:

1) Is the viewing screen of post to read and post to write supposed to take up only about 2/3 of computer screen and the menus on the left taking up about the other 1/3 of the screen? I can get used to it but wanted to ask. Just being able to read it is wonderful.

2) For some reason I still have to (Sign In) to make a post or reply using (Internet Explorer) as well as AOL?? I can read post but not make replies or get my mail until I sign back in.

3) If the menu's on the left can be made a little smaller or take up less left to right screen size and you can stretch out the area for reading and posting I think you have a perfect, I mean perfect set up, now don't do that just for me. I can live with it if this is to hard to change, just do not change the ability to read it like it is now. Oh, I might of mentioned that already eh??

Good Job Dale again, thanks for all your time in making this a great bb'd, I see the public interest getting larger nearly every day, thanks to all the moderators as well to make this so bus orientated in the area's we need it to be.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, why do I have to use the side arrows to bring it back to center mine always goes to right.

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Clifford,sounds like a suspension problem,I know this really hip cat in AZ that can fix it,LOL
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Hey ya'll,

Thanks for the good feedback. I'm still working on bugs so write down anything you see and I will check into it.

Gary, do you know what screen size and resolution you are using? This new format is supposed to adjust to whatever screen size you have where he old one was always the same regardless. On my computer the menu area on the left is about 2" wide. I don't know if that is what you mean but that is about as small as I can make it. One thing that I just noticed on my large screen (22") is that with the page all the way across the screen and when I am posting a message, the smilies spread out way across the panel on the left and make it wider than I would like. Not sure if i can make that static since we are making the pages adjustable now. I will look into.

About signing in, did I already ask you what version of Windows and IE you are using? You should only have to sign in when you first come to the page. The site is setup to automatically sign you out after 30 minutes of non-activity. Send me the version numbers of what you are using and I will see if I can figure something out. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Clifford, explain a little farther about bringing it back to the center. There should be no left to right movement. The screen is supposed to adjust to fill whatever size monitor you have. I'll work on the spell check... :lol:

Glad ya'll are liking it. Now if we can just get our chatroom back!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN