Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New Members we forgot

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

New Members we forgot

Post by luvrbus »

Oh Dale we have a problem or I do my wife informed me that there was over 300 members with the females and no place on this board for recipes or girl things LMAO good luck with this one I know her, Lin and Glenda will not forget this and we may be looking for recipes after Buger King for a week
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: New Members we forgot

Post by Dreamscape »

Geeez Clifford, You crack me up!

What name would this forum be.....Powder Room...hee hee

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I have no problem with that. There are generally activities for the ladies at rallies while us guys walk around like Tim Taylor looking at engines and grunting.

Clear it with the bosses and I will add it. Wait! I forgot! The ladies are the bosses. Will the ladies then be signing up under their own logins?

Figure out all the logistics with the powers-that-be and I can add it!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

You think it funny now wait till those three get a hold of you LOL
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

IMHO, I thiink it would be great for the ladies to sign up under their own identity. Then at least we would know who's who.

It would be super to get them involved.

Now if I could just talk Becky into it! 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I kinda figured Clifford wanted to pretend to be Sonja so he could talk recipes.

Speaking of recipes, I want to add an 'oven' into my engine compartment so I can cook with engine heat while going down the road. I heard there used to be recipe books of how many miles you had to drive for something to cook, instead of how many minutes.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Dale, I recall that there was a "manifold cooking" cookbook. I did a search and using "manifold cooking" and found that it is still available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037575 ... 0375751408
Note, I could not find an easy way to post a hyperlink or short version of that link.

Speaking of cookbooks, the Ladies of the Eagle Chapter have published a great cookbook. It was first available at the Branson Rally.

We need to offer it to the public, but not sure how to do that. Have someone post it on parts for sale?

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Jim,

Is the Ladies' cookbook going to be a thing that benefits the chapter? I don't know if you guys offer chapter merchandise but it would not be difficult to set up a store on the site. Someone, I assume the Treasurer, would set up a PayPal account for the chapter and people could order and pay with PayPal (or mail in payment).

I don't know if anyone wants to take that on but I was thinking earlier that it would be cool to be able to pay your club dues with PayPal. I guess I am a true computer junkie. I hate mailing stuff! I got my FMCA membership and printed out my EI application last night. If I could pay with PayPal I would already be a member.

If anyone wants to go that route I can help. I've been doing it for years.

Thanks for the info on the manifold cooking. As with most everything else, I am a long way from needing it. But why wait till the last minute?

Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Dale,

PayPal is the way to go! That would be good for dues and Eagle Club Stuff too!

I hate mailing stuff too, snail mail is just too slow. This is the "I want it now" generation. :)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Got my vote on the Paypal too, I went to print out the form for my membership tuesday and low and behold my printer is outa' ink. We pay everything over the phone. ;)

.........Kentucky Steve ................