Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

a question for you NJT Eagle 20 owners

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Eagle 20
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison HTB748

a question for you NJT Eagle 20 owners

Post by Eagle 20 »

Being that I lived down in deep south Texas for 10 years I hardly had the need to run the dash heat. I am now living back in my birth state of New Mexico and it would be nice to run the dash heat and leave the propane central unit off while under way in mild conditions.

Now my question: As you guys know, the NJT Eagle 20 came with a 24 volt system that was used specifically for the rear coach air condition system. I know that the dash fans are actually 12 volt DC. What voltage is required for the dash heater water pump? I could get my ohm meter out and do some tests but one of you guys might already know the answer. I am thinking the pump is 24 volt because it will not come on (I demo'd all of the 24 volt system). I may need to add a 12 volt pump or a converter. Anyone know right off hand?
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison ATEC HTB 748
http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: a question for you NJT Eagle 20 owners

Post by Songman »

Greg, I looked in my manuals and didn't find any mention of it. Of course, I think my manual is incomplete. Maybe some of the other guys have complete manuals.

Good luck.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eagle 20

Post by Eagle 20 »

Thanks for looking Dale. I have the manuals too and was thinking maybe that that section was just missing in my set. I need to go look at the electrical panels and see what relays and so forth I can find with a hand-over-hand look. I really appreciate your response! - Greg
Songman wrote:Greg, I looked in my manuals and didn't find any mention of it. Of course, I think my manual is incomplete. Maybe some of the other guys have complete manuals.

Good luck.
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Where is this pump located, Greg? I was looking at my bus today and I have a water pump mounted just behind the cooling fan that is connected to the engine coolant. I can't see where the line that goes forward goes to. Is that the pump for the driver's heat?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eagle 20

Post by Eagle 20 »

Songman wrote:Where is this pump located, Greg? I was looking at my bus today and I have a water pump mounted just behind the cooling fan that is connected to the engine coolant. I can't see where the line that goes forward goes to. Is that the pump for the driver's heat?
The pump in the rear is/was for the rear heater coil. The pump for the driver is actually located under an access about mid coach or maybe a little closer to the front and is in the cable passage area directly in the center of the coach. - Greg
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Has Norris already retired? I know he had the complete NJT 20 manuals. He had tons more pages than what I have in mine. I don't know if they belonged to Norris or to Jefferson.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eagle 20

Post by Eagle 20 »

I am not sure about Norris' status but I did read he had retired on one of the bus sites. I paid $150 for my two manuals back in early 2001. I bought them from ABC Bus in New Jersey where I bought the bus. They were shrink wrapped and I should have opened them and looked a little closer because it is not all there darn it. - Greg

Songman wrote:Has Norris already retired? I know he had the complete NJT 20 manuals. He had tons more pages than what I have in mine. I don't know if they belonged to Norris or to Jefferson.
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20