Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS - THERE IS SLOW PROGRESS ON THE SITE UPDATE****

The new administrator has been establishing a plan for the update of this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For update activity/status click on this thread.

The forum registration feature has been restored and the "contact us" option will be available soon.

Oldie but Goodie

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Oldie but Goodie
Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, here's another Eagle that caught up with me...

I went to unlock a vehicle in an RV park and there it was! The owners are down from Wisconsin for the Winter. Their Eagle is a 1961 Model 01, VIN # 6168. They don't do much online, but they were thrilled to have me take these pics and said I could gladly post them on this board. He really didn't know a whole lot about the Eagle's history, so I filled him in alittle. I'm going to visit him again before he heads back home and take him some literature on his bus' history. I also printed out the Eagle Production page that lists his bus. I found out that his bus was part of the Continental Central Lines fleet (#3715). Does anyone know where they were located? Maybe Clifford can give us alittle history.

This bus has an 8V-71, and a 10-speed Road Ranger that he installed himself. He is a mechanic, so he is able to do alot of the mechanical work himself, however the interior was already done when they purchased it a few years ago.

(Look for the Harley and the Chihuahua :lol: )

Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Oldie but Goodie
Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Outstanding! I hope they will be joining the forum soon... Too bad we are just now starting on cards for people to give out!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 pm

We do want some of those cards, by the way, we're just hoping and praying we'll solve our identity crisis soon, LOL, so we'll know what to put on them.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Manny, I show that bus along with 6 more serial numbers 6168 to 6174 going to American Coach Lines from MO the parent company of Continental Central Lines I have no idea were they were based but will do some checking for you

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Great to see another Lost Eagle! Thanks for posting, hope they will join our Family! And it's another 01, hot dang!

Paul
Becky & Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Eagle Travel Blog: https://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Dreamscape

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 am

Good job Manny,the driver area shot brought back some not so good memories of a 62 eagle we had.No P. S.,4 speed........you get in a parking lot and try to turn around and you would be sweating in Jan.
We pulled into a motel about 2 am and I was trying to park, I was fighting the wheel, my elbow hit the horn and it stuck.I was beating on the horn button and after about 60 seconds I got it stopped.The night manager came out and asked me if that could happen again before we left ? He let us remain there for the night.
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
Harvester

Return to General Eagle Chat