Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Wood Grain Control Panel

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Wood Grain Control Panel

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I'd like to put something like this on my side control panel. I have a mirrored-type plastic there now, and it scratches easily and stays dusty. Any suggestions on where I can find this? This one happened to be in a friend's Prevost...I really like the finish.

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Wood Grain Control Panel

Post by rusty »

Manny, The wood grain panel would look great. Not sure where to fine it. Are you handy with a saw and sander? It's not that hard to make one. Also corian is easy to work with and makes a pretty dash.

Good luck Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Manny my H-41 had that but is was a rosewood laminate tell me what size you need I have some small pcs of the 1/4 inch rosewood that may work for you.Any hardwood supply in your area will have different types from around the world good luck

Clifford
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Manny,
Google wood verneers & you'll get more leads than you can stand. American Woodcraft stores has some in the catalog too. Usually it is as thin as poster board used for school projects.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I will try the google search and if I can't find what I want that way, I will get some measurements to you Cliff.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic