Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

12 Volt Solar Battery Charger?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

12 Volt Solar Battery Charger?

Post by Dreamscape »

I have been contemplating using a 12 volt battery charger with a controller. My question is this, do they really work as intended? Just want to keep my house batt topped off with it. I found a few on eBay with tempered glass that will withstand hail etc., which I really need here during stormy weather.

We get lots of free sun for solar power here in Texas and thought I would see what you guys think.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: 12 Volt Solar Battery Charger?

Post by luvrbus »

Paul, I have a 100w on mine and they will keep the batteries up under normal use they do away with some generator time.make sure you you buy a good controller or they will over charge when you are not using 12 volt power
Az Wind and Sun has a good web to answer question about solar power and controllers and some times have good deals on the panel and controller

good luck
Clifford
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: 12 Volt Solar Battery Charger?

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Iam with clifford , We have 100 watt on the cowboy coach and they work well in normal conditions. Not recamended for 22 below however lol . Go for it
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481