Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Silver Eagle vs American Eagle

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Silver Eagle vs American Eagle

Post by Songman »

When I got my 20 I was a little surprised that it was registered as an American Eagle on the title. I had never heard these buses called anything other than Silver Eagles. Then I found out that all the NJT 20s were called AE-20s. Okay, so I figured mine was an American Eagle because it was a New Jersey 20.

That was all cool until the other day Don and I were over doing some things to the 10. I had told him about a little sign on the dash that said 'Safe Driving Distance 450 Miles'. We both thought that was a little low but I was showing him the sign the other day when I noticed that also on the gauge panel was 'American Eagle'.

So now I am wondering... Does Silver Eagle just come from the color of the siding to differentiate from the early Golden Eagles that were built in Germany? And are all the Eagles that were built in Texas considered 'American Eagles' as opposed to Belgian Eagles, German Eagles, or Mexican Eagles?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Silver Eagle vs American Eagle

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, the 05's built here are SE-05 and the 10,15 and the 20 had the AE maybe Dan can help us here could be the 05 was the last of the Silver Eagle model

Clifford
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Since I have a Belgium Eagle I have to wonder is it a BE-05? Just wondering?

..........Kentucky Steve ...................
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

OK Guys, since we are in limbo here, not knowing the true identity of our bus can I choose which Prefix we give our bus LOL? :lol:

And if we are going by our gauges, we can't tell because they say "VDO" on them.

We kind of feel fatherless over here...oh no, to be PC we are having an identity crisis...LOL. :roll:
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Manny,that would have to mae it a VDO-05 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

looking at some of the papers on the 01 they had three models and I never paid any attention to it before they had the GE-01,SGE,-01 and the SE-01 wonder why they would go to the AE prefex as all the 05's were SE Beglum or American built.I am going to check and see what the prefex for the MOL builts were.

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Well that didn't take long all the MOL builts were the M prefex

Clifford