Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Met some more Eagle owners today...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Met some more Eagle owners today...

Post by Dreamscape »

I think cards are a great idea!

I'm all for it, that would make it easier to leave a note when one is spotted if the owners are no where to be found.

Great thinking guys!

Keep us in mind!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thanks for the info and keep us posted...
In the meantime, we are looking through the programs we have to create some personal cards, with a picture of our bus on it. We've had some other bus owners do that and give them to us along the way. It helps us remember people and their buses. If we are able to make some of these, we'll put the Eagle's Website link on them...
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Songman,
Is the Eagles International logo copyrighted? Can we copy just that logo to incorporate on the cards we are currently working on?
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

The Eagle logo is actually owned by Silver Eagle Bus Manufacturing. They have never had a problem with us using it for this purpose as far as I know since both of our entities try to help each other. If we wanted to do it for some other commercial venture I would want to get permission from them.

As far as the specific logo that we use on this site and that I used on my cards, I created those and I have no problem with anyone using them.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thanks Songman, we appreciate your help and advice. We kind of are all here to help each other out. I know I have recommended The Silver Eagle Mfg. Co to several others to purchase parts. Just wanted to be sure about the logo. We've been working on some cards ourselves, mostly just to have on hand to give out to other Eagle owners we bump into. I think we've come up with one that looks ok.We've also made some cards that have our name and a picture of our bus, for other Bus nuts and RVers we meet up with on our travels.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

The Silver Eagle Bus Mfg logo actually has the head looking to the right ...Craig changed that ...the old Eagle Coach Mfg logo and all of the eagles on our coaches have the head turned to the left .....so the new generation coaches are looking to the future and our coaches are rooted in the past ....just a little FYI ....FWIW ....
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that.

For anyone considering business cards, stay tuned! Someone else is working behind the scenes to help with smaller quantities and great pricing. I will let her tell what she has in mind, but just know that it is coming.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Guys Iam all for cards, I do run into eagle owners in my travels and would love to have something to promote our group. So iam in
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

We are still interested in those cards Songman, but this is what we came up with for now, and it's a good thing because like I said, these Eagles are following me, LOL. I went to unlock an RV at a nearby campground today and there it was...and Eagle 01. but it's owners (I was told) were in Daytona for the races this week. I was so glad I had one of these cards to leave behind for them, and I plan to pay them a visit next week when they return.

Anyway, thanks for the use of some of your design Songman and keep us posted on those cards...

The bottom design is much clearer in person, it just didn't scan very well.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Looking to the future...