Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Met some more Eagle owners today...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Met some more Eagle owners today...

Post by Songman »

Don and I had to go to Barstow today to check out some engines and on the way home Don thought he saw an Eagle pulled over out in the desert on Highway 58. As we got closer we found that it was an Eagle... And a good looking one with a slide out too! I figured I would pull in and see if we knew them and give them a card with the club info on it if not. Turns out they were having a little trouble.

They had been over to Nevada and were heading back home to Oregon when they thought they heard a strange noise. Upon pulling over to see what it was they found that they were shearing off the lugnuts on the passenger side drive axle! Only one lug was still holding the wheel on. So they limped up to this nice level spot off the highway and called road service and settled in for the night. Luckily no major harm was done and they will be back on the road tomorrow.

The bus is a 1968 Model 05. It is owned by the Moss'.They told me who the bus was built by but I can't remember. Apparently it was a well-respected builder up in Oregon. I think they said he is about 90 now. All of the beautiful wood inside came from a tree that was in the builder's yard. He cut it down and had it milled and it is beautiful. I didn't get any pictures of the inside but I did snap this one with the camera on my phone as we were leaving.

Hopefully they will be joining here soon. I'm glad I had the club cards made up before I went to Quartzsite. They are great for giving to Eagle owners that you meet along the way.

BTW - The bus is for sale.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Met some more Eagle owners today...

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Dale,

I too ran across a converted Eagle right here in Lex today. I was picking up some cabinet grade plywood at one of our suppliers. One thing led to another and the guy helping me load up says there's a bus nice enough to live in next door in a bay with a boat. Sure enough there sat a beautiful Eagle right there in the bay fully converted and ready to go. I was looking through glass doors and no one was around so I didn't want to get shot. I never even thought about having the camera on my phone..duh.......I went next door and got the guys name, came home and looked his phone number up. You ain't going to believe this.................. the man lives in my neighborhood two streets over. Small world we live in here. I haven't gotten through to him but I left him a message and will try to get him on here. His name is Laurence Cecil and the name on the signage was L Cecil investments, anyone here know him?

..............Kentucky Steve ....................
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I wish my Eagle could sleep behind glass when not in use! Don and I were talking yesterday about trying to build a shed to put our buses in. That's what happens when it rains in Southern California. People start to go nuts! haha

Steve, I made these cards so that I could leave them on the door of something if I find an Eagle. I know that we don't find Eagles every day but I like having these just in case! I decided not to put my phone number on them. I always just write my cell number on the back if anyone wants it.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, I forgot the name of the guy too that built that coach but he was the same one that did George and Glenda 01.He would do the slides along everything else and Bob Kingsley would do all the wood work the 2 turned out some nice coaches I don't know what ever happen to him he just stopped doing conversions.I know he is still around in Oregon somewhere I spoke with him a couple of years ago about doing a HWH slide for me but for 65G's Sonja still doesn't have a slide

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

An outfit called Wolfang out of Turner, OR on the south side of Salem just off I-5 was doing some, but long out of business. I drove by the shop a few years ago and the name was still on the building but another outfit was in it. I suspect the fellow you are thinking of was on the east side of Portland, around Gresham but his name escapes me. Everything I heard about him was that he turned out excellant work. A one man shop that did the entire conversion as I recall. I think he retired. I know a guy that can remember his name. I'll try and get it.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Songman, my wife and I were talking earlier about having some cards made so when we meet another Eagle owner we can give them one and today was one of those days. Did you make those cards yourself or did you have a printer make it?
If you made them yourself, what program did you use?
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, I think it would be a good idea for all of our members to have the cards like Dale they are neat I have one from Quartzsite. If you ever lost you badge you could always put one on your shirt.I have the FMCA cards but never pass any out I'll keep my comments about FMCA to myself.Maybe Wayne could answer the question for us if we need board approval for all of us to make the Eagle cards but I don't see any problem with it myself because we don't have a official card and don't charge enough for dues to furnish them.

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Manny,

I designed the cards using Photoshop. I'm a graphic designer by trade so that's what I do. If you want some I'll be glad to do them for you. The problem is that the lowest amount I can have done is 1000. While we would love to meet 1000 Eagle owners I doubt that will ever happen. Of course if you put all your info on them they can also serve other purposes. The cost for 1000 like the ones I did for me is $50 shipped.

If you don't need to have a special Eagle design, you can get FREE business cards from VistaPrint with your info on them. All of the cards will say VistaPrint on the back. To get free ones, you can get 250 cards and you pay shipping of around $12. To check out the free VistaPrint cards, Click Here.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Dale, I wonder if FMCA would help with cost and a lesser amount of cards I will try and contact George and check for you and if enough members want the cards we may could get a break

Clifford
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Works for me, Clifford. I can actually get a lesser number here locally, but at a much higher cost. The $50 for 1000 is from a national printing company that I use in my business. I had to use a local place to do mine since I wanted them for Quartzsite. I actually woke up that morning and decided to do them and they printed for me the same day. They cost me $64 for 500! That's why I said the least number is 1000. That is the least the national company will do. If you can work something out with FMCA I am all for it. I agree that it would be great for everyone to have a card they could hand out. I've already given out quite a few.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN