Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Thumbs up from a Smokey

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Thumbs up from a Smokey

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I was driving home on the Florida Turnpike Sunday and came up upon a radar shooting Smokey. No worries for me, I was doing the limit, but as I approached him he stuck his hand out and gave us a BIG WAVE. He spotted our Eagle from a distance. We could tell he made it a point to stick his hand out and wave. I waved back. I think it's neat that we drive a unique rig that people can spot from far off and take notice of. Troopers probably see RVs and Motor homes all day long, but there is something special about our Eagles! They really do seem to stand out. It's like driving a classic car.

I'm sure many of you have similar stories to share, so let's hear some...
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Thumbs up from a Smokey

Post by van »

On our way to the Q Rally the only 2 vehicles that stopped for us while broke down was a couple driving north in their car who turned out to be fellow Eagle owners from Alaska who turned around to offer assistance ,the second was a CHP officer on his way home after his shift ,who also went out of his way to offer assistance, who also thought the Our Eagle was very cool! :D
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Thumbs up from a Smokey

Post by Dreamscape »

While driving my new purchase from Ohio to California, I stalled Dreamscape on any exit ramp. An officer came to my rescue and gave me a jump with his cruiser. It took quite a while to get it moving and I had the whole ramp blocked. He was very helpful and didn't give me any lip. ;) I was in no mood! Wouldn't have done any good anyway.

Needless to say I was embarrassed because the ramp traffic was backed up onto the freeway, late a night at a truck stop no less. There were some very hungry folk behind me. ;)

There are some good Smokey's out there!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/