Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Yeaaaaa!! Sonja's here!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Yeaaaaa!! Sonja's here!

Post by Songman »

I hope more spouses will follow the example she and Cheryl are setting. I'm sure we can add other sections if there are things other than buses you want to talk about. Just let me know.

Glad to have you here, Mrs... :D
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
sonja
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 262917
Bus Model: Eagle

Re: Yeaaaaa!! Sonja's here!

Post by sonja »

Hi, I am here. I had a little trouble signing in, guess it would help if I spelled my name right. :P
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Sonja,

Glad you are here too!

Can't wait to see some of your posts!

Maybe my wife will join now! :shock:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Welcom Sonja,

I agree that having our spouses here also makes our family more complete. I do have one suggestion and hope it will not be taken in the wrong contex as it surely is not intended to be such. Perhaps we can have an included section intended for ladies / wives such as we do for (Tech Thing) etc. I enjoy seeing our ladies post along with us but perhaps they would love to discuss things that women think more about not necessarly related to buses like we do.

Maybe they want to talk about:
1) Full timing and things they have learned to do and not do.

2) cooking recipies made in a bus and short cuts to cooking not using a gas stove and only a convexion oven. Passing on tips to newbies to fulltiming to make their travels enjoyable and having the things they need for dry camping and all sorts of tips for a fun way to survive.

3) secrets to packing your bus inside with essentials the experienced female busnut knows you do and do not need.

4) plan cookouts for an upcoming rally and who will do what to make it work smoother and everyone has more time to just visit, play music etc.

5) Discuss clothing to pack for everyone and those not needed to conserve space in the inside storage areas.

6) Storage areas that experienced female busnuts have in their buses as a (Needed) area for everyone to convince their male part to build for them.

7) Suggestions from the experienced as to how to entertain kids or Grand-children while on the road traveling, at campsites and getting them involved at all bus rallies.

This is only a few suggestion of the subjects that our spouses, lovers or significant others can discuss to encourage them to get involved in our busnut bulletin board each day and make our family a little closer as time slips by on us as fast as it does. This will give the women a chance to see what we are talking about and pop on the regular bb'd and make posts there also and still have a more feminine section when wanted to discuss things other than buses and brakes, fuel lines etc.

I hope no one will be offended by my suggestion, I welcome our ladies and want to encourage them to post here, but also offer them sections to visit together if they choose to and be able to post on subjects not related to bus repairs etc.

It will be interesting to see the responses to this suggestion.
Welcome again Sonja and encourage as many wives and ladies of our families to joing here as you can. We are what you allow us to be!! LOL
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
binkey
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404489
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle model 15

Post by binkey »

First of all, I would like to WELCOME SONIA!!

Dale... I think though, we should give the credit to Cindy for being the first to path our way. :D

Gary... What a wonderful suggestion and no offense taken. There is always room for growth in my book.

By the way Gary..... what kind of fuel line should I use on the bus? :lol:

Have a fun weekend all!

Cheryl
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hi Binky,

I wish I could recommend the fuel line I will use but unfortunately I am a long ways from that as yet, maybe by september I hope. I will keep watch for what others recommend. Now I have to pay attention to recommendations from converters like Sonnie, Jim and many others that have been in this longer than I, Or I should say have been using their buses and I haven't.

I hope the idea for a section for women is concsidered and accepted but thanks for the confidence vote as of now.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

binkey wrote:
Dale... I think though, we should give the credit to Cindy for being the first to path our way. :D

Cheryl
Duh! Where is my mind? I guess I have seen Cindy doing enough welding, sanding, painting, etc. that she is just one of the guys! haha

That's a compliment, Cindy. Sorry I left your name off.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

We are not gonna touch this one any more, I'm stayin out a this one :lol: you're on your own :lol:.Cheryl would chime in but fortunately I have her downstairs polishing the Harley, (SMACK) Ouuuuch!, now I'm in trouble :lol: :lol: :lol: gotta run (away) :lol: Got a 6'2" blond chasing me with a base ball bat (story of my life ),Bye.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Welcome Sonja, Good to see all these Ladies on the board. I agree with Gary. Maybe the ladies can chime in and see what they would like to see on the board. Only thing you can't do is have a ladies secret site. Then you could talk about us and our wacky hobby :lol: :lol: :lol:. Or maybe you can have one if you let us buy more parts :mrgreen: :mrgreen:.

Welcome aboard Wayne
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

SECOND ,the more parts thing :lol: