Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Need Input for Rally in Breaux Bridge

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Need Input for Rally in Breaux Bridge

Post by luvrbus »

Guy's and girls I talked with Tina today at the C of C in Breaux Bridge about the weather May 1-4 the average is 85 with lows of 60 at night with showers some time with a record of 98 you know it will be humid and that will add a few degrees.The question I have for you attending is should I find a place with electric service at a RV park or do we want to use the generators and have unhapppy campers. Let me know please this is all new to me so what do you think I know if Ward breaks a sweat I have problems just kidding Bob.I just want to keep the cost down as low as we can. help me out guys even the ones not attending
good luck
Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Need Input for Rally in Breaux Bridge

Post by van »

Clifford ,If we were to go the only thing that cuts the mustard with humidity is ac ,And I know generators can be a pain,we vote for power .I wouldn't mind the extra :D.if I coud find a Landoll to transport our tent ;)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Clifford,

If it's gonna be that warm I think hookups are the way to go. What's the difference in price for either way?

My gen. is not quiet, it's an older air cooled Onan. I guess we could park across the street! :lol:

Right now we are planning to attend, and will do everything possible to make it happen.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

If Lois and I are able to make it to LA, we would want A/C without having to run the gen all day and night.
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Clifford, If the temps get that high I think hookups would be the best. I for one don't want to come home after a hard day of crawfish and Coors Lite to a bunch of generators running :lol: I want a good nights sleep so I can do it again the next day. I got to show those southern boys how to eat crawfish.

Good LuckWayne
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Clifford, because of her medication, Pat would need AC quite a bit. I vote for parking at a pole. Given the cost of fuel to get there, the park will be a small percentage of the trip cost :roll:

BTW, Wayne clued me in to visit this website: http://www.bbcrawfest.com/. Once you go to that site, you will try very hard to find a way to get there!!!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Ok, guys I have 3 to chose from tell me what you want in a RV park beside AC,do want a state park on the water with air boat rides or one close to all attractions in walking distance.

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Clifford,walking distance would be nice(got no toad,no bus either for that matter :) )unless there are no bugs to contend with ,and what about a fire pit is that an option.we might just tale the harley and tent ,we'll see.carry on!
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Walking distance for us too! We don't want to try and drive with a couple of adult drinks in us! ;) We don't have a toad either, so we will be walking to everything!

Hey Wayne, can't wait to see how you eat crawfish! :lol: A Coors in one hand and a crawfish in the other I bet!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Clifford, Makes no difference to me just get me near the mudbugs :lol: Paul I can,t do both at the same time you need two hands for the crawfish, but I do alternate :lol: . All kidding aside this will be the most fun you will ever have I look foward to a few things in my life this rates near the top. In fact Clifford has me so excited I am going to have a few of my friends and family over in three or four weeks to suck some heads.

Can't wait Wayne :lol: