Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Long Lost Friend (in a trunk)

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Long Lost Friend (in a trunk)

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I have been looking for this book for the LONGEST time! I'm talking years. I knew we had gotten a book on buses years ago...WAY before we ever dreamed of owning our own. Anyway, low and behold tonight as I was helping my wife organize things in an old trunk - - - there it was! (Pays to help your wife out guys, LOL). This book was copyrighted in 1988 (same year our bus was retitled).
Have any of you ever seen this book? It's pretty interesting, and in mint condition. Of course, it has a whole section on Eagles. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to copy and share any of the inside pics. Maybe one of the moderators could advise me...

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Long Lost Friend (in a trunk)

Post by luvrbus »

Save it Manny you just found a $100.00 bill very few of those left I saw one on Ebay the guy was asking 250 for but it didn't sell if you can find one they sell for 100 bucks easy

good luck
Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

new on amazon .com for $103.52 (not bad)for a long lost friend
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Legally, the book is copyrighted and no part can be reproduced. It's not something that we would want to post on the Eagles International website.

However, what you do in private is your own business. If you have any friends who you wanted to share part(s) of the book with, that is your business. Like if someone here wanted it and said to you on this thread that they wanted it and you e-mailed it to them. The site or the club would have nothing to do with it.

See what I mean? 8-)
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

We are staying with friends here in Yuma and they have a copy of the book. He looked long and hard for it and paid close to $100.

It is a great reference manual and has quite a bit about Eagles. Sadly, it was written in '88 as I recall and shows that the original Eagle factory is still going strong.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Eagle envy
Bus Model: 1970 05

Post by Eagle envy »

Glad to see somebody else has a copy. As Jim said i looked for quite a while before i found mine and paid dearly for it. I know one other person who has one, he showed me his copy and started me on my quest to find one......if any of you ever come across one at a good price, grab it!!!! Ed