Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzite - What A Welcome!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
binkey
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404489
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle model 15

Quartzite - What A Welcome!

Post by binkey »

Greetings everyone!

Here it is... my very first post and one of your newest members. :D I am sure you all know my husband, Van. He has helped paved the way for me and I am extremely grateful for this! What a wonderful group of bus nuts... it don't get any better than this....

Quartzite was a true example of open arms and rallying together. Never did I feel so welcome and right at home. A great future to look forward to.

Living in a 27' motor home for 3 years when we first got married, we were happy as larks and I always wanted to retire and live like that again. Now we can do it the right way! In an EAGLE and I am so jazzed!!

Thanks to all who took the time to show the great works each have accomplished with their own. It has given me great comfort to know that all is possible and to stay focused on what needs to be accomplished first.

I was very discouraged when we first got our Eagle. We traded our Corvette for it and Van drove it from Illinois to home. Needless to say, he broke down in Amerillo and it was just the start of everything going wrong. I WAS NOT HAPPY. :evil: What was to be something for us for our retirement turned into a nighmare.

After a fuel pump, he finally limped home and it died and sat for 3 months in the parking lot of the hotel next door. Counting blessings, they never complained until the very end. Next a radiator, new fuel lines (they colapsed) when Clifford (thanks buddy!) helped Van put the new heads (thanks Don!) in the broken Eagle. Whew! I had given up hope.

Worrying about where to keep it (lord, you can't just put it anywhere) Cliff and Sonia opened up their home.

We always planned on going to Quartzite and needless to say I had cold feet. What if this and what if that???? Do I follow behind with my truck just in case??? Where is the sense of adventure you ask? I chose to ride with hubby and off we went.

CA 95 mile maker 44 will always be tatooed in the back of my mind of one of the best times I have had in a long time. Broken down all night long, 1 foot off of the white line, with semis screaming past us all night long. Whoosh!

Attitude you ask?

Having the best time of my life! Where I was at didn't matter, we were there and camping for the first time! :lol: Dancing to music in our Eagle in the morning waiting for the Tow company to show up that next day as I was battening down the hatches for them to show up. I am so happy we waited until the next morning to call the Tow Company or I would have never gotten to live that moment.

Thank you everyone for being there for us. Calling to make sure we were ok and checking in on us. I was so proud of Van, he never lost his cool and not a single swear word! I guess he was numb for the past experiences.

Once again, our Eagle is tucked in at Cliff and Sonia's and we made it to Quartzite with our truck to enjoy the rest of our weekend. Many thanks to all for open arms.

This trip meeting everyone has change my out look and I now have a positive outlook for our Eagle. I now know what we need to do... MOTOR...... and I am not discouraged any longer. There are great bus nuts who care and will always be there for us as we are for them. Our lack of finances will not always be like this. We have always made it some how before, by the Grace of God and will make it again. Just have to keep looking forward.

Okay, this is getting a little long for my first post, so I will let you all go to enjoy the rest of your day. I know there are things I have to do. Thank you for listening and look forward to talking to you again!

Cheryl

Last edited by binkey on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Quartzite - What A Welcome!

Post by Songman »

Very nice intro, Cheryl. We're glad to have you with us. I got Marie to come in and read this earlier this morning in hopes that she would get interested in the bus.

I hope more of the spouses will start their own accounts and start participating on the forums. We can add other sections as needed if the spouses don't necessarily want to talk about the bus, but other aspects of bus living.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
binkey
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404489
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle model 15

Post by binkey »

Thanks Dale!

I am looking forward to meeting Marie... I wish she had been there. It was great! A whole weekend of not going to work and doing overtime, dealing with paying bills, laundry, and the every day STUFF that seems to go on forever....the biker lifestyle we have always loved and appreciated. We have never decided where we want to settle down. With Van's kids in NY and mine in Iowa, this has resolved our delima. Spend a little time here and there. It will all come in time.

So Marie, if you want a break from every day life, I hope to see you at next years rally, if not hopefully sooner.

And off I go....Van's on his way to Cliff and Sonia's to take care of some things with the Eagle and I have lots of laundry and paperwork to take care of. And of course there is aways some type of cleaning to take care of. But it will now be with a hop in my step and a song in my heart, knowing there is a great future ahead of us. It only takes time....

So everyone, if Van says I am freeking out again, I hope to hear from you all.... :shock: And being a wife, I cannot wait to start designing the interrior because I have seen great ideas and beauty in each and every Eagle there. But first things first. If I can help remodel a 100 year old house in Iowa (and they said it could never be done) and live in it, this can be done too. Hey, I just renewed my hope again! :D

Good times to come......

Thanks all!

Cheryl
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Cheryl, Was a pleasure to meet you. Nice to see ladies on the board. Keep a smile on your face and don't let the down moments in the crazy world of the bus conversion get in your way.

Good Luck Wayne
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

They .. this is Cheryl....

Thank you for the encouragement. :D TTYL... Cheryl
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Hi Cheryl!
I sure enjoyed our visit in Quartzsite. Glad you and Van had time to hang out with us before heading back to the rat-race! You have a great adventure story and attitude to go along with it!

Looking forward to seeing you two at more rallies in the future, and online until then!

Cindy
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;