Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

February 2009 BCM Way to go Steve!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

February 2009 BCM Way to go Steve!

Post by Dreamscape »

Nice job Steve!

Great article on your stair design in the magazine. It's so good that the Eagle is getting so much more exposure on the board and in the magazine. At least the responses have been good! With a little red dust humor thrown in at times. :lol:

Another Eagle Family Member is a famous author! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: February 2009 BCM Way to go Steve!

Post by van »

Way to go Steve,we are all proud of you ,looks like the Eagle is back on the map.Soon there will be a shortage of them as every one else will be abandoning their brand X buses(I love that term :lol: )for the real meat and potatoes of the road(pun intended) :lol:
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Steve,
I look forward to my February Issue to see your article, Your conversion ideas we converse about on the phone inspire me to keep going also. Soon the color of red will only be in the paint schemes of our buses and those skeptic owners of other buses will consider looking for one of these great girls for the pride of owning like us.

Sometimes the extent of bus conversion some of us do is over-whelming to say the least but when we over come areas of repairs needed or changes wanted it is with great pride we can sit there even alone and admire the fruits of our hard labor. I spend a lot of time after each successful day, over this long length of time I have been working on mine and now just sit there and think, (Good Grief look what I did) and a few years ago never had a thought of doing anything as huge as this to do.

My only real regreat is not finding an Eagle in better condition because of my age now, so that I could enjoy her for a longer length of time. I hope to get a good 10 years of travel on ours before I just sit there and view all my accomplishments before our grand-daughter drives her off with her Band or family. Hope she will give me a ride one day!

Keep them articles coming Steve for BCM and anyone in the Eagle family that can give us tips and ideas to help contribute to BCM magazine and to make our birds be the envy of every bus owner and harsh Eagle skeptic.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Thanks everyone,

I didn't think Chad was going to give up till he got something out of me for the magazine. I wrote that article over night to help BCM fill in a hole that they had. I have been in touch with Chad since and I will be doing some articles along the cabinet end of conversions for some upcoming issues. Just trying to give the Eagle some exposure for the guys in Texas. Our Eagles are the most versatile buses for conversion that I have seen.

Its up to all of us to revive the Eagle so write those articles of interest up and send them in guys.

..............Thanks again .........Kentucky Steve .............