Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

The Rocker - Gertrude

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

The Rocker - Gertrude

Post by Songman »

I don't know if any of you have seen this movie or not but one of the co-stars is an Eagle bus. And even better it is owned by one of our own.

See his project thread here:
http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... ?f=9&t=131

When I started watching the movie last night I had completely forgotten about them using Michael's Eagle. It gave me a little fit of pride when the old girl pulled onto the screen (even though she is not as old as they make her look.).

Has anyone else seen this movie?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Re: The Rocker - Gertrude

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Did you see the movie in the theater or on DVD ....????
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

DVD... I was able to back up and show my wife all about the bus.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Well that is too weird....the DVD is not suppose to come out till the 27th ...a couple quick liner notes ....

1) In the scene where he gets kicked out of his girlfriends apartment and he is walking past the Hall of Fame with his suitcase ..in the background you see two guys taking pictures ...The tall one is Tom Bennett and the younger one is his son Travis ...extras ...the big screen debut !!

2) In the scene after Gertrude picks them up there is a montage around Cleveland ...in those scenes Tom and I are in the back of the bus laughing with the crew who were making jokes ...the bus driver stand in was a guy named Weasel Stricknine ...maybe somebody out there knows him ..he is an old school driver..used to be ZZTops driver ...Man he is hilarious ..he used to drive for the Calhouns and Florida Coach.

Does your DVD have the 2 disc set ?? Where did you get it ?? I cannot wait till the 27th ..and if it is out right now I will buy it today !!!!!
Let me know
Thanks !!
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

The local Blockbusters here have the DVD. Not a set though. Just the movie DVD.

Also, there is another Eagle in the parking lot of the Hall of Fame when they are driving past after they get on the road. At least I think it is. I didn't stop it and look close at it but it appears to be a black Eagle.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
EAGLE78550

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Actually that is Johnny Cash's MCI 9 ...it was on display while they were filming ...it was his last coach and was polished up to the hilt ...beautiful !! ...and of course it was black ...I just saw it not too long ago for sale somewhere...maybe heartland coach .....????
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I'll have to run through the movie again for a closer look before I take the DVD back. I could tell it was shiny whatever it was!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Micheal ,when was this filmed ,now that I'm awake :shock: I'm gonna go out to see If I can find a copy.
EAGLE78550

Post by EAGLE78550 »

The film was done in Aug 06...and released in the theaters on April 20 08...and did not make the Oscar list ..LOL!! ....now it is set for DVD release on the 27th of this month .....Target should have the 2 disc set "Born To Rock Edition" with multiple commentary and gag reels as well as deleted scenes ( which should include alot of Gertrude scenes ) ...I cannot wait !!
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

And Christina Applegate looks HOT! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN