Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Host an Eagle Rally in the East?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Re: Host an Eagle Rally in the East?

Post by Eagle »

By having a Rally sponsored by Eagles International Chapter the rally would be covered by the Liability Insurance of FMCA.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

You're way ahead of most of us! I just found that out at Quartzsite last week. That is worth a lot!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Yep, 170+ members at 35 dollars each nice insurance premium for FMCA that none of us have ever seen a binder with the coverage or who it covers only have we been told there is one.But I am sure Connie Pool needs a new Prevost.Sorry Wayne I know it is a closed topic but it's a slow day

Good luck
Clifford
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle »

4. LIABILITY INSURANCE - Chapter activities are covered under the association's general liability
insurance policy which provides protection for bodily injury and property damage arising out of
occurrences caused by negligent acts of the association. This coverage comes into effect only if the
association is found to be legally liable or negligent, covers the expenses of the injured party only (the
only property of the insured that is covered is the physical properties of the National Office), and
covers the occurrences of a non-automotive nature only. Certain standards must be met before the
privilege of liability insurance will be extended to chapter rallies.
A. The rally must be sponsored by one chapter or a group of chapters.
B. Printed matter such as advertising, programs, news releases, etc., should be approved by the
National Office whenever possible.
C. A Certificate of Insurance shall be obtained from each vendor who services the chapter rally.
SUBJECT INDEX NO.
Chapter Rallies 3023
This policy and procedure is subject to change and may be revised at any time. Visit these pages periodically to assure that you are using the current policy and
procedure.
5. CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE - A Certificate of Insurance will be issued to the sponsoring
chapter(s) upon the acceptance to abide by and perform the above standards. Requests for certificates
of insurance that require a named additional insured, require a review of the contract with the named
additional insured by the national office prior to the certificate being issued. All certificates of
insurance should be requested of the Chapter Services Department at least six (6) weeks prior to the
opening day of the rally.
PROVIDED AT COST TO THE SPONSORING CHAPTER(S)
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Eagle, I have read that before a lot of got you there and still no mention of the limits and I have never seen a certificate of insurance from those guys. If a vendor like Aqua Hot ,a awning , satililte installer or our Jim comes in to do work on the units and we don't have a copy of his insurance and something happens what is going to happen with the coverage. I know in the by laws of FMCA that you can attend any FMCA rally by any group and we are one of the few groups that allow all to attend. I belong to FMCA and have for many years and will always belong but I am one of the few that have a problem with belonging to FMCA to belong to the Eagles Group. good luck

Clifford..
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle »

To obtain a certificate of insurance the Chapter has to request it for a rally. I think the limit of coverage is five Hundred million. If someone comes to a rally as a vendor the Chapter needs to get a copy of their liability insurance. If they just happen to be at the RV park where you are having a rally so be it.

Clifford it is Eagles International Chapter that decided to join FMCA as a Chapter and the same with all of the Chapters that belong to FMCA. To become a Chapter of FMCA you must have 20 Coaches that are FMCA members to form a Chapter and then maintain at least 15 coaches in good standing with FMCA to continue as a Chapter.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Eagle, I go with what ever the Club Prez and the board recommends may not like it sometime but I go with them huh Wayne BTW JCB are you going to make our rally in Breaux Bridge May 1-4 good luck

Clifford
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle »

We are planning on making the rally if all goes as planned we will be in the Florida panhandle the middle of April and hope to spend some time along the Gulf coast and then back home.