Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Host an Eagle Rally in the East?

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Host an Eagle Rally in the East?

Post by beltguy »

In the thread on the FMCA Rally at Perry http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... ?f=8&t=280, I discussed the desire of our chapter to have someone host an Eagles International rally on the "right coast". John9861 expressed a thought that he might host a rally in SC (see attached quote)

>>>>>Quote from John9861>>>>>>

Thanks for the heads up about the FMCA event. As far as organizing a rally in my area I am 15 minutes from Santee State Park on Lake Marion in SC. This would be a great place to hold an event. Since I've not been to an Eagle rally how about share with me what is needed to get it together & the expected turn out. I can make everything else come together from there. Also if any of you Eagles would like a stop off place for a couple of days we are 1/2 way between Columbia & Charleston, SC. Just a few miles from I95 & I26. Plenty of room.You would be welcome & this wouldn't be a bad spot to plan a run into Charleston while you're here. John

>>>>>>>>end quote>>>>>>>>>>>

John asked what is involved. I thought I would start this thread and let others chime in with their thoughts.

First of all, any possible chapter rally must be submitted to the board. This sounds a bit "uppity", but is really a very simple process that is intended to make sure that there are no conflicts with other possible rallies and to keep the board informed.

Next, what is involved? Bus rallies in general fall into two categories.

The first is the full blown, totally organized event with vendors/seminars/meals, and sometimes entertainment. Examples of this are BusN USA and the old MAK rallies.

Then there are the more laid back rallies which have very little planned activities. Generally these have a pot luck meal or two and just general jaw boning. There are several of these events all over the place. Most tend to be rather small, cozy events. Two of our members hold one of these events in Texas in the fall (not an Eagle International event)

Jack Conrad's Bussin 2009 type events kind of falls in between.

Eagle rallies tend to be more on the casual side. We generally have coffee and donuts in the morning (huh Wayne :D ) and one or two pot luck dinnners. Some have a catered meal. Some have a planned event or two, some do not. They are generally three days long and often held in a commercial campground. We do not have vendors, or seminars. Attendance varies, but we often have over 30 buses and a few SOBs. There is generally a rally fee that covers the cost of the campground (reduced rates hopefully) and a meal, if included.

The Quartzsite rally is a bit unique. We often do not have a fee (this year we each paid $5 per day for the dry camping area). There is one pot luck and this year we had an hors d'oeuvres night with the other bus groups. There was no planned activity, since there is so much that folks can do on their own.

So, bottom line, an Eagle Rally can be about anything you want. Eagle folks are very flexible and just want to get together at a fun place.

I noted in the FMCA thread that we have some good rallies being formulated for 2009. However, we would love to get something going in 2010 in the eastern part of the US. John is giving it some thought --- are there others?

One additional thought. Eagle folks are great about offering help. Once a rally is established, you will find folks more than willing to help, if you just ask.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Host an Eagle Rally in the East?

Post by Dreamscape »

John and Others,

If there is anything you might need, let me know. Jack Conrad has sent me copies of a registration form, Bus ID tag and lots of hints. I will be more than happy to share them via email.

If you do decide to move forward with the idea, don't be afraid to ask for help in either planning or hosting. It requires help so you can enjoy the festivities and not get overwhelmed. ;)

I'm sure that others who host Eagle Rally's will be available for information too!

Good Luck and Happy Trails,
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Just a clarification to what Jim said so there is no confusion. He said it but I want to make sure it is clear...

Any Eagles International rally must be approved by the Board. And while we want to grow the Eagle hobby as well as Eagles International, we hope to have lots of these. I say this because anyone can have a bus rally. Just for it to be an official Eagles International rally, it must be submitted and approved. In the case of John offering to do a rally back East, he is not a member of the chapter yet but hopefully we can get him signed up and make this an official rally.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

A rally on the East side would be great Gary L and I have talked about this for the last couple of years but could never get the dates worked out July the 4th weekend would not work for the ones I talked to about it. Gary also had a great location for one maybe him and John could do one together with Gary involed there would plenty of music can you picture Wayne and Van doing the Brooks and Dunn boot scootin boogie and Bob Ward doing Jackie Gleason man what a sight that would be GO FOR IT JOHN you build we will come good luck

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I know that one ,wayne we ne to rehearse :lol:
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

OK guys pile up the information on me. Our personal schedule is only open Febuary thru July. Here in SC deer season is from Aug. 15 till Jan. 1st. Our work requires us 12-16 hrs. a day 7 days a week then. That being said I'm sure arrangements can be made at Santee State Park. We have to be mindful of the load the park will expect when mother nature cooperates. Personally Feb-mid April would be best. Once we establish an approximate date I will contact the Park about special rates, etc. Entertainment is not a problem. There's plenty of characters in this part of the country. You all need to learn how to "shag" to beach music though, the official SC dance! Anyway, I'll continue to fill in the blanks as we go...
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

With enough Coor's Lite I can do any thing well at least I think I can
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

So when do we rehearse our act wayne :D
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

If you mean drinking Coor's Lite I have already started. If you mean dancing I haven't been at the first long enough :lol:
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Wayne ,OK then ,back to rehearsal ,take all the time you need pal :D