Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

FMCA Convention Perry, Ga

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

FMCA Convention Perry, Ga

Post by John Mellis »

Let's get something started here to see who's planning on going to Perry. I would like to hook up with some other Eagle folks while I'm there. Maybe there can be a designated area for all to park. Hopefully I can work out the small bugs so I can take the Eagle. Air issues, electrical issues, etc. :roll:
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: FMCA Convention Perry, Ga

Post by luvrbus »

John, if you want to meet Eagle owners come to rally in Breaux Bridge La May 1-4 it will be fun for all with Wayne and Nelson cooking crawfish so get that puppie going and come on down, we are working out the details now and will have more about the rally in a couple of weeks. good luck

Clifford
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Keep me informed as it would be a great opportunity to stretch her wings out. We will probably be ready then. Will be steel tenting this 1st year till we figure out what we're needing to do. As soon as I figure out how to I will post a picture of the old girl.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

John,

If you need any help posting pics let myself or Dale know and we can help.

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Yup. We'll be glad to help. Sounds like you are at a good place to start a Project Thread. There are several of us at about the same spot that you are. Look forward to seeing what you have.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

John we have done all of the FMCA International rallies as vendors for several years. We will miss Perry (wife earned a trip to Hawaii :lol: that conflicts).

The International rallies (two a year) are pretty big and there is not a way to park together unless you have an approved caravan (a formal process and then only for FMCA chapters). The Converted Coach Chapter always has a pre-rally and caravan in together. There are not many Eagles in that group. Many of the group now have SOB, many not buses. It is worth going, but you will not be able to do much elbow rubbing with Eagle folks.

The regional FMCA events can be different. We just got done with the Indio rally and several bus folks park together each year. I have not seen that at other regional FMCA rallies.

As has been pointed out you would be better served at one of the Eagle International rallies, or some other bus rally.

John (and others), as you get time, please fill your profile and think about setting up a signature that lets us know who you are, where you are from and a bit about your bus. You are among friends here and we want to learn as much as we can about our great members!!!

Our strong desire is to have someone establish an Eagle International rally in the eastern part of our country. If anyone wants to step up, we would be glad to help you. The rally must be approved by the board, but that is not a difficult process. We have some good rallies in the works for 2009, but it would be great to get folks on the right coast involved in 2010!!!!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Jim,
Thanks for the heads up about the FMCA event. As far as organizing a rally in my area I am 15 minutes from Santee State Park on Lake Marion in SC. This would be a great place to hold an event. Since I've not been to an Eagle rally how about share with me what is needed to get it together & the expected turn out. I can make everything else come together from there. Also if any of you Eagles would like a stop off place for a couple of days we are 1/2 way between Columbia & Charleston, SC. Just a few miles from I95 & I26. Plenty of room.You would be welcome & this wouldn't be a bad spot to plan a run into Charleston while you're here. John
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

John,

This is good news! Planning a Bus Rally is work but a lot of fun!

I started a small bus get together here in Texas a couple of years ago, having our third one this year. Ours is not Eagle sanctioned , but none the less we always have several Eagles show up, even Catskinner who lives about 10 miles away from Eisenhower State Park. ;)

It's fun to meet new people and make long lasting friendships I was scared as all get out, but it came together pretty good. Don't be to concerned on how many show up, they will come as the years go by.

Glad to hear the right coast is planning one, maybe we'll be fortunate to visit it sometime.

Good Luck!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

John, I started a thread on hosting an Eagle International Rally, that should start to address your questions.

I thought it would be good to separate the subjects so that folks can know specifically what the subject is and search for it if necessary.

I am sure that the chapter would love to have a rally in your area. There are lots of Eagles in the east and they have kind of been left out because no one stepped forward to offer up a rally.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.