Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

A huge success

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
van
Club Member
Club Member

A huge success

Post by van »

Well here ya go,pictures of our first bus rally and the fact that it was an Eagle rally made it all that more enjoyable.
this was a good time had by all
even though we toasted the motor again,we still made it down there and had a great time
A very special thanks to basil ,who put us up for the night.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: A huge success

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van, did you have to pay extra to get a matching hauler .......Man I hate that you had this trouble. Chin up buddy it wont always be this way. Is that haul from engine problems or something other than??

Thanks for the pics and keep us up on the bus problem.

........Kentucky Steve ...........
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Van, What do mean you toasted the motor again! What the heck happened?

Otherwise the pics look great!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Well the motor started running hot again,pulled over when temp started goin over 90 2nd time had water running out of the r air box tube (it's toasted ),Gauge must be way off.The good news is Don lined up a motor for me thru Dave St.John ,an eccelent running motor.Cheryl and I did get to camp over night in the bus a foot and a half from the road :shock: on Ca 95 s of needles till morning until Progressive found us a LanDoll to come take us back to Cliffords .We then loaded the pick up and continued on to Q just in time for Sat pot luck
Progressive was on the money this time ,their bill for the towing was around $1,300 dollars :o
Last edited by van on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I'm glad that worked out with Basil. What did you think of the bay bunks?
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dale ,it was a very comfy down in the basement :D
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

We never did get there early enough for the coffee and donuts. That is a nice coffee pot that Wayne carries around for everyone though! ;)
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Let me give a special thanks to all who made this event a spectacular success,and thanks Wayne for the hospitality and providing Cheryl and I a very special tour of his beautiful coach.Spent some time with Art and Cindy too ,least we forget Nelson Majors for the kind words as well as the pistachio nuts and the honey :D .but most of all let me give thanks to the most humble man I know ,Clifford,who has taught me quit alot about eagles as well as life in general.As you all should all know by now our engine failed us once again ,but was able to over come it and remain composed through out the ordeal and make the best of it,Cheryl was so afraid that I would come unglued and start ranting and raving but that never happened.Cheryl so wanted for us to have a nice time, that every thing just became so tranquil .So there we were camping out in the middle of no where broke down first time in our dream ,despite the adversity we were happy again,so thanks Clifford composure and a cool head wins the moment once more.Safe passage ,love and respect to all :) Van & Cheryl

and now more photo's before paul eats thru his hat :lol:

don't know this one ,shure was pretty

van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

here's more.

here's Basil bus,very cool bus ;) check out the basement windows

Art &Cindy's model 15 very pretty these kids worked their tails off to git er done

van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

there ya go Jim.

These kids were so cute