Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rusty's engine mounts!

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
muddog16
FMCA #: 387911
Bus Model: 1982 Prevost LeMirage

Rusty's engine mounts!

Post by muddog16 »

Rusty, I've been looking at your front motor mounts over and over, I decided that i'm going to change my design and make a cradle also, it will make good use and strength of the design that you came up with but for my x-brand bus. On the rear mounts(towards the front of the bus) I'm going to use my stock OEM mounts and I will tie those in with the 4"x4"x1/2" angle. On the front mounts (rear of the bus) I'd like to use the same setup that you have! Your design makes better sense and is definately much better than what I had orginally planned. Using the mount for the hitch, was a great idea! Now I come down to the nitty gritty! I need your help locating those two marine mounts that you came up with, those are perfect for the block mount on my 8V92! If you have the time let me know here and I can give you my email or phone number. I would appreciate your help! Thanks! Pat
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Rusty's engine mounts!

Post by rusty »

Pat, I am in Quartzsite when I get home I will look up that information and foward it to you on this thread so others will have the information. It might take a while when I get home to but out all the fires. If you don't hear from me freshen up the thread to remind me.
Thank You Wayne
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Pat, Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The company that has the mounts is Mission Sales and Supply in Mansfield TX 76063. Phone # 817-453-1900 The rear mount ( transmission end ) is Item # 17/1550-45 Description Mount-Metacone (07) 16X45. The front mount is Item # 17/1780-60 Description Mount- Cicular (01) 16X60 These are Origonal Eagle 15 mounts Hopes this helps Wayne
muddog16
FMCA #: 387911
Bus Model: 1982 Prevost LeMirage

Post by muddog16 »

Wayne, thanks no problem I hope you enjoyed your trip! So the front mounts are OEM Eagle but you bought them from Mission is that correct? Thanks again!

Pat
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Pat, Yes they are OEM Eagle. The boat industry uses them. That tells you something about them if they use them in a boat. I am sure a big motor would tear a boat apart if it didnot isolate it from the main structure.

Good Luck Wayne