Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Sonnie's Wife Patti in Hospital

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Sonnie's Wife Patti in Hospital

Post by Dreamscape »

Just got word that Sonnie took Patti to the Doctor, they had to admit her for pneumonia.

I talked with Sonnie the other day and he mentioned a doctors appointment for Patti tomorrow. So this is new news.

Lets all pray for a quick recovery! I'm sure they could use some prayer right now.

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Sonnie's Wife Patti in Hospital

Post by rusty »

Sonnie, Hope all is going well with Patti. Let her know all have her in our thoughts and prayers.

Wayne
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Sonnie,

I just talked to you yesterday and not more than 2 minutes ago I was telling my wife I should of called you today to see the results of Patti's test today at the DR. Man I feel terrible, I just read Paul's post about the DR. putting Patti in the hospital today. You know how we all think of you and Patti and look up to you both, Believe me you guys are in all our prayers for this set back to just disappear.

Be sure to take care of yourself also Sonnie, keep us all informed of Patti's progress through telling others that can inform us here on our board or any way you can but please know we are all thinking & praying for both of you.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Sonnie, I hope Patti has a quick recovery. You're both in our prayers.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Same here guys ,you both are in our prayers,and in our thoughts.A speedy recovery for Patti and best wishes for you both.
Eagle 20
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison HTB748

Post by Eagle 20 »

Sonnie, You guys are in our prayers. - Greg
Greg Roberts
New Mexico
1989 Eagle Model 20
6V92 DDEC II, Allison ATEC HTB 748
http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Eagle Busnuts and all concerned,

I just talked to Sonnie about an hour ago and hope he will not be upset with me for announcing to all of you that Patti is still in the hospital and undergoing other test for more serious treatments concerning her new condition. Patti's illness has taken a turn for the worst.

If there was ever a time that a close group such as us Eagle Nuts should funnel our thoughts and prayers for Patti & Sonnie it is now. I will not explain the condition as it is not my place and my relationship with them does not allow me the right to fully explain Patti's condition but you can probably guess. I am sure a closer friend to Sonnie & Patti or Sonnie himself will soon explain what is truly going on. Just keep them in your thoughts and especially your prayers every day.

Miracles happen every day, together we can make this happen.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

An Update on Patti Gray: I just spoke to Sonny and Patti has taken a turn for the worse. They found cancer and could not operate. Patti was removed from life support today. I would ask that all of you keep Sonny and his family in your thoughts & prayers during this very difficult time.

God Bless
Wayne
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Sonnie and Patti May the good lord watch over you and your family Our prayers are with you my friend . God Blessings Andy & Eileen
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Sanity Fix
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F368205
Bus Model: 1980 Model 10 Eagle

Post by Sanity Fix »

I know that Sonnie has been in contact with several of you through the last two weeks.

As you know, Patti went in the hospital two weeks ago tomorrow. She was diagnosed with pneumonia. They immediately started giving her antibiotics and she was responding. They performed several test on Patti and was very concerned about a spot they found in the 2nd lobe of her right lung, the same lung that is infected with pneumonia. They diagnosed Patti with a tumorous cancer in that lobe. Several days later, they did a bone scan and followed up with draining the right lung and doing some bone marrow test. For some reason, the pneumonia symptoms came back strong and Patti was placed in ICU a second time. Further test results yesterday reflected a tumor on the brain. The doctors say it is cancerous. Patti had been on a respirator the last couple of days to help her breath and it was removed today. Michael has been in and out over the last two weeks and stated that Patti was breathing on her own today(no respirator).Her oxygen levels are currently just below 90, and for Patti that is fantastic.

Patti has been moved from ICU into a private room and as you know, Sonnie is staying with her. Sonnie is doing okay, he has his PBJ and Little Bit.

I don't know if any of you knew Patti before her brain anuerysism several years ago. She has always been a bright, active, have fun kind of person. None of you would have been able to keep up with her. I have seen her argue with Sonnie when he was trying to set the timing on his race car. (and we all know how hard-headed Sonnie is))love ya Sonnie)) She could do it just as well as he could and would argue with him when she thought he wasn't doing it right. Patti had taken a class at Grayson College so she could do her own tune up's, and she did know what she was doing. If she couldn't do something, it didn't take long for her to learn how. Her anuerysism and the follow-up surgery changed Patti's life forever. She fought hard to regain the mobility that she has and through it all, she did her best to always smile. I didn't realize until just the other day that I have known Patti for 32 years. I have never met a more independent, vibrant person in my life.

We have waited to put anything on the web-site because we are hoping for miracles. Right now, Patti is resting comfortably.

Excuse any typo's, it has been a long week~

Keep Patti in your prayers.

Brenda Britt