Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

50 amp service

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
50 amp service
Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm planning my elect. layout and I'm going with 50 amp service. The only panels I can fine are 100 amp. What did you guys do to get around this problem? This is a 1971 05 Eagle. Thanks Ken
Aka Sappony Eagle
sappony eagle
Club Member
Club Member

Re: 50 amp service
Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Ken, I by-passed the main breaker and ran the power to a 50 amp (240) breaker that feeds the two sides of the breaker box (panel). At least that is what I recall doing (could check if necessary).

Also, you are supposed to have a 50 amp breaker right at the entrance to the coach (for the shore power). The generator has 40 amp breakers (10KW wired for 240). I think I am covered.

May not be code, but it seems to work just fine. It would be terrible if the safetyman burned his coach to the ground :o :o

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission - not at all fancy, but fully functional
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net (Please email me rather than use the PM process)
beltguy

Re: 50 amp service
Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:27 am

rv_safetyman wrote:Ken, I by-passed the main breaker and ran the power to a 50 amp (240) breaker that feeds the two sides of the breaker box (panel). At least that is what I recall doing (could check if necessary).

Also, you are supposed to have a 50 amp breaker right at the entrance to the coach (for the shore power). The generator has 40 amp breakers (10KW wired for 240). I think I am covered.

May not be code, but it seems to work just fine. It would be terrible if the safetyman burned his coach to the ground :o :o

Jim

Thanks Jim,
That's kind of what I was thinking but wanted to hear from some one in the know. Ken
sappony eagle
Club Member
Club Member

Return to General Eagle Chat